Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all. Bit cloudy here with showers forecast which is a bit annoying as we had promised to go to do some hedge trimming and lawn mowing for some friends, they aren’t into gardening much. We could give them at least twenty years - youngsters these days, lol Seriously though they have had a hard time of it recently so it’s good to help out where we can. Hope Mrs J. has a lovely holiday and you are clear of the lurgy soon @jazzy. Have great time this evening @peteblue and hope you are celebrating a win on the way home.🤞🤞🤞🤞
Have a good day, all.💙

Good afternoon, are we looking forward to a Sean Dyche & Michael Keane masterclass tonight o_O

Just seen a young lad on a unicycle lol looked like he was trying to juggle as well, on a tiny pavement right next to a very busy road. Not something you see everyday.

Found out one of my extended family has had 2 of her dogs(Frenchies) poisoned and killed. Her hubby had an affair and it se4ems to be a consequence of that, the one part of the family we all thought were settled and sensible and it has come as a bit of a shock the affair. Either way, I'd do time if someone did that to Daisy.

Enjoy the rest of your day before it is undoubtedly ruined by our shysters.

Afternoon all. Having a chilled day here, watching a movie while the kids frolic about in their games room and the missus toils away in her office.

I’m honestly at peace with our relegation and genuinely expect to lose every game between now and the end of the season. Dyche most certainly isn’t THE problem with our squad but he’s definitely not anything resembling a solution either, even in the Championship. He’s out of his depth already and I suspect his response to that will be to keep picking the same team and hope for a different result.

I’ll be avoiding watching us like the plague, and if we pick up any points along the way I’ll consider it a bonus.

Far better things to be doing with my time, though, such as using half a tub of Lurpak to try to grease myself into these Speedos…

Afternoon all. Having a chilled day here, watching a movie while the kids frolic about in their games room and the missus toils away in her office.

I’m honestly at peace with our relegation and genuinely expect to lose every game between now and the end of the season. Dyche most certainly isn’t THE problem with our squad but he’s definitely not anything resembling a solution either, even in the Championship. He’s out of his depth already and I suspect his response to that will be to keep picking the same team and hope for a different result.

I’ll be avoiding watching us like the plague, and if we pick up any points along the way I’ll consider it a bonus.

Far better things to be doing with my time, though, such as using half a tub of Lurpak to try to grease myself into these Speedos…
I just wish I could turn the passion off ,I suspect it is an age thing in so far as them going down as I might never see them in the prem again .It is a bit hard to explain but it feels terminal ,especially if we get "done " for FFP .
On another vein ,what about Jiota's kick to the face testerday ? If that happens tonight our player would be off ,instead he goes on to score the winner .Bitter never .COYB

I just wish I could turn the passion off ,I suspect it is an age thing in so far as them going down as I might never see them in the prem again .It is a bit hard to explain but it feels terminal ,especially if we get "done " for FFP .
On another vein ,what about Jiota's kick to the face testerday ? If that happens tonight our player would be off ,instead he goes on to score the winner .Bitter never .COYB
I understand it’s easier said than done, and I definitely feel for those who can’t turn it off no matter how often the team lets us down. I had to force myself to pay less attention after my kids came along; I was that type of insufferable fan that would have a monk on all weekend if we lost, and that wasn’t too fair on my wife and kids. Glad I did it, though, otherwise what little hair I have left would be in tufts all over the house by now!

The relegation will sting, doubly so if we’re charged with any kind of financial impropriety, but we’ll soon get used to our new surroundings and you can cheer just as loud for a goal against MK Dons as for one against Bournemouth.

@Terrarian that's really sad tale about the dogs.
@blue1948 I completely agree - I'd like not to care less about our date but it still hangs over me like a black cloud
@Brett Angell Delight agree that we are probably toast already when it comes to staying up and I don't want Dyche anywhere near the rebuild
@larbert toffee and @anjelikaferrett good luck with your respective arrangements.

Preparing for tonight's game by watching the IPL. Just had a message from Mrs J , flight delayed by an hour oops.

Good luck tonight blues , you are going to need it I fear.

I understand it’s easier said than done, and I definitely feel for those who can’t turn it off no matter how often the team lets us down. I had to force myself to pay less attention after my kids came along; I was that type of insufferable fan that would have a monk on all weekend if we lost, and that wasn’t too fair on my wife and kids. Glad I did it, though, otherwise what little hair I have left would be in tufts all over the house by now!

The relegation will sting, doubly so if we’re charged with any kind of financial impropriety, but we’ll soon get used to our new surroundings and you can cheer just as loud for a goal against MK Dons as for one against Bournemouth.
I hope you're wrong about MK Dons mate , they are in League 1 ( and then only just as they are battling to avoid relegation to L2!)

A red card every day of the week and don't get me onto Klopps abuse of the 4th official. One rule for them and another for everyone else.

Hi folks, hope you are having a lovely Bank Holiday in spite of what's coming later tonight. I have prosecco at the ready and toffee vodka as back up. My brother has gone. One of his friends is a barrister and he seems to have got some sort of corporate tickets.

@Terrarian that's awful about the dogs. taking out anger/spite in that manner is a sign of a truly warped mind.

Been out this morning to kit Mr F out for the funeral. He has a lovely new suit but still needs a white shirt. I doubt it will ever see the light of day again unless we book cruise that requires formal wear......any excuse for a jolly! 🤣

As for the match tonight. We have to win. That is all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back