Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Lots of emotional ups and downs mate, sending you good luck lots to deal with
Thanks DE, my brother has to take a lot of credit as he's at the coalface so to speak, I've been on admin/ phone call duties up here in Scotland, my heart goes out to anyone having to do it all on their own.
I feel very blessed to have got to 63 and had my parents sharing my journey but it was their time and their quality of life had diminished and I am at peace with that.

Just spent the last 90 mins or so, sat on the patio, chimnia lit, just watching the bees on the late shift doing their thing, butterflies as well. The view is across the Gordano Valley, down to Portishead, then the Welsh hills. Its sommet Nik and I just loved doing, silence pretty much, a glass of ale or wine, burning scrap wood, nattering. Two Kesterals were doing their thing 60 foot up, Mert (the cat) waiting for a rat or a bunny, (unfair fight imo), but gave up realising all he had to do was meow and kitecat was available.

The sky was blue, watching planes way up in the sky going heavens knows where, hearing a tractor towing some frightening contraction clanking down the lane, @peteblue will know what I mean.

It is simple things that can make life good.

It is isn’t it…..

Morning chums,
Exhausted after a combo of man flu , doing mum's shopping and watching last night's game.

So sat relaxing listening to a bit of Stan Getz jazz samba with a cup of tea cathing up on everyone's news.

@larbert toffee Well done to young Miss LT I'm sure that qualification was hard earned and will come in useful.

Delighted that you got out for the evening @peteblue and had some down time.

@Gwladysover , @Terrarian and @blue1948 what do you think are our chances of staying up ? I'm going for 30%.

Anyway I hope everyone is ok.

Thank you blue, she attained a 1-1 in - Computational methods for ecology and evolution - and yes I had to ask her and I'm glad I don't get get asked that every day 🙂

She is now back at Edinburgh doing her
PhD, as you can imagine we're very proud of her and her graduation has given us some respite from everything else.
Wow. That's very impressive. Have a good time at the graduation

Did you enjoy the game Anje? Remarkably I have some wine left!
I'm not sure enjoyed was the right word. But they fought hard and didn't give up. Individual errors cost us. It didn't help thar the Leicester goalie played the game of his life.
Our chances of survival are rapidly diminishing.
I still have some prosecco left. Using it as a mixer with the toffee vodka was a good move!

Good morning all. I fear our chances of survival are slim. Much like the death of a monarch and a Coronation, it seems likely that there will be a third thing I have never previously experienced in my lifetime. That thing being Everton not in the top division. So very sad to see the shambles we have become.
I'm off to the hairdressers soon. I haven't had it coloured since November so I currently look like a badger.I couldn't get an appointment with my usual salon. Fully booked up this week and I need it doing before Dad's funeral on Tuesday. I have therefore had to go to the posher, and by default more expensive salon down the road. It had better be good!!
I'm back in Liverpool on Saturday and will be there until after the funeral. I'm not sure I can face going back to work yet. I'm not sleeping well - wide awake at 4am and, having had so much to do, I don't think I've really grieved for him yet. It doesn't help that my two brothers have fallen out. I'm not surprised by this but could do without it.

Have a good day everyone. I'll let you know how the upmarket hairdressing experience went.

Just spent the last 90 mins or so, sat on the patio, chimnia lit, just watching the bees on the late shift doing their thing, butterflies as well. The view is across the Gordano Valley, down to Portishead, then the Welsh hills. Its sommet Nik and I just loved doing, silence pretty much, a glass of ale or wine, burning scrap wood, nattering. Two Kesterals were doing their thing 60 foot up, Mert (the cat) waiting for a rat or a bunny, (unfair fight imo), but gave up realising all he had to do was meow and kitecat was available.

The sky was blue, watching planes way up in the sky going heavens knows where, hearing a tractor towing some frightening contraction clanking down the lane, @peteblue will know what I mean.

It is simple things that can make life good.
And then you had to pack it up to go and moderate the Everton forum on match night. Life sucks sometimes.:)

Thanks Jazzy, was back on the Wirral at the weekend emptying my mum's flat with my brother that was a tough one.
Driving to London for my youngest daughter's masters graduation at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday then mum's funeral next week, busy times.
Hope you give your mum a good send off next week LT. As I think I've mentioned before, she's back with your dad now which is what she would have wanted I'm sure.

Thank you blue, she attained a 1-1 in - Computational methods for ecology and evolution - and yes I had to ask her and I'm glad I don't get get asked that every day 🙂

She is now back at Edinburgh doing her
PhD, as you can imagine we're very proud of her and her graduation has given us some respite from everything else.
I take it she has a clever mum then.

Good morning all. I fear our chances of survival are slim. Much like the death of a monarch and a Coronation, it seems likely that there will be a third thing I have never previously experienced in my lifetime. That thing being Everton not in the top division. So very sad to see the shambles we have become.
I'm off to the hairdressers soon. I haven't had it coloured since November so I currently look like a badger.I couldn't get an appointment with my usual salon. Fully booked up this week and I need it doing before Dad's funeral on Tuesday. I have therefore had to go to the posher, and by default more expensive salon down the road. It had better be good!!
I'm back in Liverpool on Saturday and will be there until after the funeral. I'm not sure I can face going back to work yet. I'm not sleeping well - wide awake at 4am and, having had so much to do, I don't think I've really grieved for him yet. It doesn't help that my two brothers have fallen out. I'm not surprised by this but could do without it.

Have a good day everyone. I'll let you know how the upmarket hairdressing experience went.
Oh Anj I'm sorry to hear about your brothers falling out. This is such a stressful time for the family. I know you will find the strength to get through this and I hope your sleep pattern returns to normal.soon.
Now I really must try some prosecco with vodka sounds yummily weird.

Good morning, didn't watch the game as per usual on night matches, I really need top find a way around this, I don't like missing so many games. The worse part is I couldn't get to sleep and pretty much was glued to flash score in between bouts of trying to nod off.

Nice to hear the effort was there but Dyche self sabotaging himself with Keane is a truly baffling thing. Regardless of the fact he knows him well, surely his eyes can see all the mistakes he makes.

We live to fight another day. COYB UTFT!!

Have a good day.
It's the inconsistency I don't like. He ditched Coady after 1 mistake which I could accept provided he was consistent. He's shown with Keane that he isn't.

I said at the outset that I liked Dyche, the person, but not the Dyche, football manager. The more I'm getting to know hom the more i'm going off Dyche the person.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back