Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Bloody hell , that's ridiculously bad luck. Must have been hell of a parking prang to write off the car.
At least no one was injured

Blimey. What hit it, a bus?

My wife and son were in the car when it was hit, but thankfully no injuries and my wife has probably already forgotten it. It looks repairable to me but I swear these insurers make more/lose less by writing them off, I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough.

I spent 45 minutes getting through to the insurers, then another 45 minutes giving details, then a further 25 minutes taking no end of photo’s for them. It would be quicker just to set fire to everything and give up. Honestly, Everton is the absolute least of my worries…

The posh hairdressers was a very therapeutic experience. I'm now more red squirrel than badger. The chair you sat in to get your hair washed was a massage chair. I've had a lovely back massage- I'm surprised I didn't nod off!. I am however considerably poorer than if I had gone to my usual place.
One blue rinse is the same as another, so they say. ;)

Had another lovely hour or so on the patio with a lit chimnia. Not much wildlife, (maybe they are on strike as well), but just so peaceful. Merty, (cat) was with me, and couldnt decide whether to watch for bunny rabbits, lounge in front of the fire, or have his tea. So I bought his bowl and food outside and he had his first ever picnic! So, and this is true, I said to Nik, "Did you see Merty have his picnic?". 10 minutes later, Merty was down the bottom of the meadow, see rabbits, and from no where, a single white feather drifted down and settled on his head.

As I said about the medics when she was poorly ill, they know a lot, but not everything. Think the same applies to us all.

Had another lovely hour or so on the patio with a lit chimnia. Not much wildlife, (maybe they are on strike as well), but just so peaceful. Merty, (cat) was with me, and couldnt decide whether to watch for bunny rabbits, lounge in front of the fire, or have his tea. So I bought his bowl and food outside and he had his first ever picnic! So, and this is true, I said to Nik, "Did you see Merty have his picnic?". 10 minutes later, Merty was down the bottom of the meadow, see rabbits, and from no where, a single white feather drifted down and settled on his head.

As I said about the medics when she was poorly ill, they know a lot, but not everything. Think the same applies to us all.
Lovely story Roydo.
My wife's beloved sister left us 5 years ago. The morning after she died we were awoken by a deer in our front garden , never happened before or since.
A few years before my wife had open heart surgery. When she returned home her favourite Rhododendron came into flower. Only thing was it only flowers in April and once a year. This was September and it had already flowered. Never happened before or since
There are so many things that happen that we don't understand.

Lovely story Roydo.
My wife's beloved sister left us 5 years ago. The morning after she died we were awoken by a deer in our front garden , never happened before or since.
A few years before my wife had open heart surgery. When she returned home her favourite Rhododendron came into flower. Only thing was it only flowers in April and once a year. This was September and it had already flowered. Never happened before or since
There are so many things that happen that we don't understand.

Oh I could fill a book with stuff Jazz. Well, a few paragraphs anyrate. I dont go looking for "stuff", I dont think every feather I see is Nik, but occasionally, things happen, (like your flower blooming out of season), that are inexplicable. To a rational mind that is.

Evening everyone. Just been catching up on the last couple of pages.
@larbert toffee Many congratulations to Miss L T, that is quite an achievement.
@jazzy Hope you are feeling better. As to our chance of survival I think it has gone, having said that I am a glass almost empty kind of person. I find it helps me cope when things inevitably go wrong.
@anjelikaferrett Glad you enjoyed your pampering at the posh hairdresser. Sorry that your brothers have fallen out, hope they can settle their differences.
@peteblue That really is bad luck, at least no one was injured. Our neighbour has car repair workshop and he says that often insurers will write off cars as it’s cheaper/easier than a repair especially if the airbag has gone off.
Just had the LibDem‘s round canvassing for the local elections, that’s the third time today. They are nothing if not persistent- I’ll give them that. lol

Evening everyone. Just been catching up on the last couple of pages.
@larbert toffee Many congratulations to Miss L T, that is quite an achievement.
@jazzy Hope you are feeling better. As to our chance of survival I think it has gone, having said that I am a glass almost empty kind of person. I find it helps me cope when things inevitably go wrong.
@anjelikaferrett Glad you enjoyed your pampering at the posh hairdresser. Sorry that your brothers have fallen out, hope they can settle their differences.
@peteblue That really is bad luck, at least no one was injured. Our neighbour has car repair workshop and he says that often insurers will write off cars as it’s cheaper/easier than a repair especially if the airbag has gone off.
Just had the LibDem‘s round canvassing for the local elections, that’s the third time today. They are nothing if not persistent- I’ll give them that. lol
Much better thanks. Not over it but might even go back to the gym tomorrow

Morning all,
Stunningly gorgeous day here.
Going to be busy today. Just had a phone call and they can do mum's much awaited care assessment at midday after a cancellation. Great only been waiting 6 months.
Only problem is she also has a GP appointment at 2.
Ah well looks like I'm going to be busy.
No gym today , colds returned with avengence.
So, I cut me some grass instead.
Have a lovely day y'all

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back