Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi folks, hope you are having a lovely Bank Holiday in spite of what's coming later tonight. I have prosecco at the ready and toffee vodka as back up. My brother has gone. One of his friends is a barrister and he seems to have got some sort of corporate tickets.

@Terrarian that's awful about the dogs. taking out anger/spite in that manner is a sign of a truly warped mind.

Been out this morning to kit Mr F out for the funeral. He has a lovely new suit but still needs a white shirt. I doubt it will ever see the light of day again unless we book cruise that requires formal wear......any excuse for a jolly! 🤣

As for the match tonight. We have to win. That is all.
With Mrs J safely out of the way I've lined up a Sauvignon Blanc for the 1st half and a Malbec for the 2nd .
That should just about get me through.
It will be like I was a child watching Dr Who from behind the sofa

Just spent the last 90 mins or so, sat on the patio, chimnia lit, just watching the bees on the late shift doing their thing, butterflies as well. The view is across the Gordano Valley, down to Portishead, then the Welsh hills. Its sommet Nik and I just loved doing, silence pretty much, a glass of ale or wine, burning scrap wood, nattering. Two Kesterals were doing their thing 60 foot up, Mert (the cat) waiting for a rat or a bunny, (unfair fight imo), but gave up realising all he had to do was meow and kitecat was available.

The sky was blue, watching planes way up in the sky going heavens knows where, hearing a tractor towing some frightening contraction clanking down the lane, @peteblue will know what I mean.

It is simple things that can make life good.

@Terrarian that's really sad tale about the dogs.
@blue1948 I completely agree - I'd like not to care less about our date but it still hangs over me like a black cloud
@Brett Angell Delight agree that we are probably toast already when it comes to staying up and I don't want Dyche anywhere near the rebuild
@larbert toffee and @anjelikaferrett good luck with your respective arrangements.

Preparing for tonight's game by watching the IPL. Just had a message from Mrs J , flight delayed by an hour oops.

Good luck tonight blues , you are going to need it I fear.
Thanks Jazzy, was back on the Wirral at the weekend emptying my mum's flat with my brother that was a tough one.
Driving to London for my youngest daughter's masters graduation at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday then mum's funeral next week, busy times.

Thanks Jazzy, was back on the Wirral at the weekend emptying my mum's flat with my brother that was a tough one.
Driving to London for my youngest daughter's masters graduation at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday then mum's funeral next week, busy times.
Lots of emotional ups and downs mate, sending you good luck lots to deal with

Stay strong and enjoy your daughter's graduation ,congratulations from us on here .What was her degree ?

Morning everyone.

What a game that was. The players gave everything. Some of them clearly aren't good enough but boy did they put in some effort.
That said 2 things stand out,
A potential career ending injury for Seamus and why oh why didn't Dyche make some subs to freshen it up.
Anyway at least we showed fight and spirit.
Very cloudy and overcast. Shopping for mum today and hopefully getting over this cold .
Have a lovely day everyone.

Just spent the last 90 mins or so, sat on the patio, chimnia lit, just watching the bees on the late shift doing their thing, butterflies as well. The view is across the Gordano Valley, down to Portishead, then the Welsh hills. Its sommet Nik and I just loved doing, silence pretty much, a glass of ale or wine, burning scrap wood, nattering. Two Kesterals were doing their thing 60 foot up, Mert (the cat) waiting for a rat or a bunny, (unfair fight imo), but gave up realising all he had to do was meow and kitecat was available.

The sky was blue, watching planes way up in the sky going heavens knows where, hearing a tractor towing some frightening contraction clanking down the lane, @peteblue will know what I mean.

It is simple things that can make life good.
I love this. You have the soul of a poet.

Stay strong and enjoy your daughter's graduation ,congratulations from us on here .What was her degree ?
Thank you blue, she attained a 1-1 in - Computational methods for ecology and evolution - and yes I had to ask her and I'm glad I don't get get asked that every day 🙂

She is now back at Edinburgh doing her
PhD, as you can imagine we're very proud of her and her graduation has given us some respite from everything else.

Good morning, didn't watch the game as per usual on night matches, I really need top find a way around this, I don't like missing so many games. The worse part is I couldn't get to sleep and pretty much was glued to flash score in between bouts of trying to nod off.

Nice to hear the effort was there but Dyche self sabotaging himself with Keane is a truly baffling thing. Regardless of the fact he knows him well, surely his eyes can see all the mistakes he makes.

We live to fight another day. COYB UTFT!!

Have a good day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back