Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello everybody. Arrived home in Durham about an hour ago. Absolutely knackered. Everything went smoothly yesterday and Dad was given a lovely send off. His Mass was well attended and I was so proud of my 18 year old niece who did a reading for her beloved Grandpa. His coffin was carried by his two sons and four grandsons.

I may have said this before but being responsible, with my brother, for organising Dad's funeral has been the single most important thing I have ever done in my whole adult life.

Much alcohol flowed afterwards as was expected. There were tears and laughter in equal measures. I'm having a very early night tonight.
Thank you all for the kind words and support you have all offered on here. Very much appreciated x

Hello everybody. Arrived home in Durham about an hour ago. Absolutely knackered. Everything went smoothly yesterday and Dad was given a lovely send off. His Mass was well attended and I was so proud of my 18 year old niece who did a reading for her beloved Grandpa. His coffin was carried by his two sons and four grandsons.

I may have said this before but being responsible, with my brother, for organising Dad's funeral has been the single most important thing I have ever done in my whole adult life.

Much alcohol flowed afterwards as was expected. There were tears and laughter in equal measures. I'm having a very early night tonight.
Thank you all for the kind words and support you have all offered on here. Very much appreciated x
sleep well tonight.

All the best Anj, having done similar it easier to appreciate the hard work and emotional drain you go through…no doubt many have been through this….sleep well…….

My deepest sympathies , Anjelika.

This Sunday's Gospel should help you in your sad loss.

'If you love me you will keep my commandments.

I shall ask the Father and he will send you another Advocate to be with you forever, that Spirit of Truth whom the world can never receive since it neither sees nor knows him, BUT YOU KNOW HIM (my emphasis).'

I have lost both of my faithful parents, both Blues. I feel them with me everyday.

Sorting through belongings is a difficult task but can also stir memories of happy times. All the best.💙

Discovered today ( great great gandfather):

Born April 29th (one day before me), 1877 in Solvær, Norway. knew about the Norwegian background but not names or places etc...

p07jbp6p.jpg

Good morning all on this sunny day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all slept well and have a great day .Off to have blood tests this morning so no breakfast or cuppa .Just cholesterol mainly but he sometimes checks other levels such as Prostrate . Wifey is having hers for her rheumatoid arthritis which is playing up a bit because of the cold we had for 5 weeks she was not able to take the medicines and is having a bit of discomfort ,back on them now so here is to hoping .Have a great day Blues .

I’m glad it went as well as it could have done Anj.

Glad it went as well as possible and hope that you have had a restful night.💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back