Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Afternoon guys. Hope you are all well. Sorry I haven't been on much recently but it's been a funny old time for me of late. This week hasn't been much better. Some of you may be aware that I was planning on travelling back up to Liverpool next weekend to see The Last Dinner Party in concert. Well over the last few days there's been a lot of discourse, both in mainstream media and social media, surrounding the large number of solo males over a certain age attending the bands concerts. On social media in particular it's become a bit of a gender battle and all very unsavoury. TBH I was a little bit wary of going anyway as it would be the first concert I've ever attended solo plus I've never been to a concert where the majority of the audience were young females. Anyway after much deliberation I've come to the decision that attending would take me completely out of my comfort zone and yesterday I sold my ticket. But I'm absolutely gutted as I was so looking forward to it. To make matters worse I actually feel a bit of a fraud feeling like this as there's so much crap going in the world right now that it's trivial to get so worked up over something so meaningless by comparison.

The good news is that it's nearly time for G&T Friday and I may treat myself a bit earlier today. I feel as though I deserve it.
This is what I hate about social media, it creates situations like this where you are not doing something you want to because of others skewed perceptions. I’m sorry you’re not going but I absolutely get why not. So sad. And it makes you think - we are sensible adults - what impact does this have on kids behaviour who are influenced by it.
Anyway enjoy your G and T it sounds like just the thing for tonight. I’m having a tequila and orange but I won’t bother posting a pic as it’s in a smokey glass so you can’t see anything- but cheers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back