Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello everybody. Today has mostly been fighting with Dad's broadband provider In spite of sending us a letter dated 24 April, acknowledging his death and saying that they have suspended billing and given us 30 days to decide what we want to do, they have disconnected him because the direct debit failed. The amount outstanding is £20.
This happened on Monday. I rang them, they apologised profusely, waived the outstanding amount and said everything would be reconnected in 4 hours. None of this happened. Today I rang again. Oh no they said, we only reconnected his landline. ( had no idea this had been disconnected) I again asked why they had disconnected him in spite of the letter. Got the usual guff about it's an automated process.No I said, computers do not act independently, they do what humans tell them to do. There has been no communication within your organisation and you still cannot tell me how I have a letter saying one thing and you have done the exact opposite.
I eventually spoke to somebody who appeared to have some knowledge who promised to sort it out. She's going to ring my brother tomorrow to update him
What a performance!

Hello everybody. Today has mostly been fighting with Dad's broadband provider In spite of sending us a letter dated 24 April, acknowledging his death and saying that they have suspended billing and given us 30 days to decide what we want to do, they have disconnected him because the direct debit failed. The amount outstanding is £20.
This happened on Monday. I rang them, they apologised profusely, waived the outstanding amount and said everything would be reconnected in 4 hours. None of this happened. Today I rang again. Oh no they said, we only reconnected his landline. ( had no idea this had been disconnected) I again asked why they had disconnected him in spite of the letter. Got the usual guff about it's an automated process.No I said, computers do not act independently, they do what humans tell them to do. There has been no communication within your organisation and you still cannot tell me how I have a letter saying one thing and you have done the exact opposite.
I eventually spoke to somebody who appeared to have some knowledge who promised to sort it out. She's going to ring my brother tomorrow to update him
What a performance!

You‘ll probably get similar with Sky if he had it….

@Vegas Toffee Girl , happy birthday and have an absolutely wonderful day .

Morning everyone.

I awoke with a seriously bad back ache after the now not so small Rosie had decided to lay on my back all night.

Bit of housework this am and then treating myself to a troll of record shops in Southport to see if I can find some vinyl I fancy.

Me and Mrs J trying to decide whether to watch Eurovision tomorrow. It's not really our thing but then it's is coming from Liverpool so we probably will.

In fact tomorrow is shaping up to be a full day. Weather is gorgeous so going to watch cricket in the village with a couple of beers then some vino in the garden and food before ( almost inevitably) falling asleep in front of the TV.

Anyway, I hope you all have lovely things planned for the weekend.

Morning guys, hope you're all well.

Happy birthday VTG have a good one.

Daisy just had a play with an 8month old Springer called Fred who is a bit nuts lol sun is out at the minute.

Treat myself to some sherbet lemons and will be scoffing those. Nothing much happening at the minute.

Trying not too focus on Everton, too close for comfort this year for my liking but if they can keep the form going we might just survive.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back