Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!! It's going to be hot and sunny here today, so the weather will be good! It's also my horse's birthday, so I will celebrate part of the day with him. I can't believe he is 19 today!!

My dog did something similar to me about a week ago @jazzy and now I'm considering getting him his own bed right next to mine. The back pain was that bad. Darn our pets, we just love them so much. I'm torn! lol

For my birthday, I'm asking God for an Everton win this weekend!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Hello everybody. Today has mostly been fighting with Dad's broadband provider In spite of sending us a letter dated 24 April, acknowledging his death and saying that they have suspended billing and given us 30 days to decide what we want to do, they have disconnected him because the direct debit failed. The amount outstanding is £20.
This happened on Monday. I rang them, they apologised profusely, waived the outstanding amount and said everything would be reconnected in 4 hours. None of this happened. Today I rang again. Oh no they said, we only reconnected his landline. ( had no idea this had been disconnected) I again asked why they had disconnected him in spite of the letter. Got the usual guff about it's an automated process.No I said, computers do not act independently, they do what humans tell them to do. There has been no communication within your organisation and you still cannot tell me how I have a letter saying one thing and you have done the exact opposite.
I eventually spoke to somebody who appeared to have some knowledge who promised to sort it out. She's going to ring my brother tomorrow to update him
What a performance!
Sorry to say this Anj but you'll have other things that will try your patience. It can be upsetting sometimes but it's just the way it is.

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää.I hope all are well and had a good night .We are expecting 20° today so a nice walk and another lie in the sun with a G&T .Have a great day all.
For once the answer is a resounding no from me. Started getting stomach pains about an hour before going to bed and by the time I went up the pains were excruciating. Much worse than anything I'd ever experienced. Even a strong painkiller (something I rarely ever take) did nothing to ease the pain. It was probably about 4am before I finally got to sleep and even that was fitful. The pain subsided to a large degree by this morning so slept in until about noon. Still don't feel great now but at least the pain has gone.

Not sure what the reason was behind it. It was an alcohol free night and I had Chinese dim sum for tea (the ones you helped me pick up from Penzance Blue). I hope it wasn't a reaction to that because I love them so much, but I had some about a month ago without any bad reaction. They are steamed from frozen and it's possible that I didn't cook them long enough. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I had a bit of lunch about 2 hours ago and touch wood there's been no reaction to that. Think i'll be giving the G&Ts a miss tonight though. See how I am tomorrow.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!! It's going to be hot and sunny here today, so the weather will be good! It's also my horse's birthday, so I will celebrate part of the day with him. I can't believe he is 19 today!!

My dog did something similar to me about a week ago @jazzy and now I'm considering getting him his own bed right next to mine. The back pain was that bad. Darn our pets, we just love them so much. I'm torn! lol

For my birthday, I'm asking God for an Everton win this weekend!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Happy birthday V. You still haven't said how old you are. lol

For once the answer is a resounding no from me. Started getting stomach pains about an hour before going to bed and by the time I went up the pains were excruciating. Much worse than anything I'd ever experienced. Even a strong painkiller (something I rarely ever take) did nothing to ease the pain. It was probably about 4am before I finally got to sleep and even that was fitful. The pain subsided to a large degree by this morning so slept in until about noon. Still don't feel great now but at least the pain has gone.

Not sure what the reason was behind it. It was an alcohol free night and I had Chinese dim sum for tea (the ones you helped me pick up from Penzance Blue). I hope it wasn't a reaction to that because I love them so much, but I had some about a month ago without any bad reaction. They are steamed from frozen and it's possible that I didn't cook them long enough. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I had a bit of lunch about 2 hours ago and touch wood there's been no reaction to that. Think i'll be giving the G&Ts a miss tonight though. See how I am tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that @Barnfred 55 it can be so fickle at times .Nice to hear you have had no reaction to your lunch ,I am sure the alcohol would kill the bug but I am no doctor !

Been asked to go for a job interview. It felt the right time to crack on, so pretty chuffed with myself. It is "only" delivery for Sainsburys, but I have done that before, and from what I gather, it is a pretty flexible position. 4 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, would suit me just fine.

Sorry to hear about the pain you were in.

If the pain was intermittent, its possible it was trapped gas. I was diagnosed with IBS a long time ago, and the pain it gave me could be BAD. I'm talking close to birth labor pains!!

I keep a OTC medicine called gas-x on hand for the rare time it happens.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back