Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

How are you feeling now Fred?
Still not right AT but at least the pain has gone. I reckon the dumplings weren't cooked properly (or at least hoping). Need to be careful cooking from frozen and steaming is always a bit hit and miss. I normally turn to a tin of soup when my tummy is off but I don't have any. Not sure how I let that happen. So it's bacon butties for tea and an evening off the G&T.

My brother is 2 years passed today too so was going to have a beer in his memory, but I'll have to put that back too. Hopefully be fine tomorrow.

Still not right AT but at least the pain has gone. I reckon the dumplings weren't cooked properly (or at least hoping). Need to be careful cooking from frozen and steaming is always a bit hit and miss. I normally turn to a tin of soup when my tummy is off but I don't have any. Not sure how I let that happen. So it's bacon butties for tea and an evening off the G&T.

My brother is 2 years passed today too so was going to have a beer in his memory, but I'll have to put that back too. Hopefully be fine tomorrow.

This is true. I had a dreadful bout of tummy stuff when I was in Dubai. The prescription from a pharmacist when I opted for an orange juice? Ale. The hops or sommet work against the badness.

Toast your Brother, with ale.

Signed. Roydo.

Not gonna lie mate, after the last 3 years, (well documented elsewhere), I am absolutely chuffed with myself. The 1 hour, panel of 3 interview, for a delivery driver seems excessive mind! My last one was "Can you work in the UK, and have you a driving licence!"
Panel of 3 is no doubt the employer ticking all the equality boxes in respect of the interviewers.

You will nail it.

Cooking anything from frozen is a bit dicey mate.

I’m out for football later and will raise a drink to your brother after.

Panel of 3 is no doubt the employer ticking all the equality boxes in respect of the interviewers.

You will nail it.

Most likely.

Looking forward to the "how will you improve the customer experience?" tripe.

"Being on time?".

Lost count of the number of elderly, infirm, disabled folk I delivered to, and would always offer to unwrap/stow away their delivery.

One fella, double amputee (legs), it became a running (sic) joke. "Normal cupboard Stan?". "Nah, lob it on the top shelf Mark".

Used to have dog treats in my pocket, and again, the regulars would tell me that when the doorbell rang, (It was always at a similar time), the dog would prick their ears up, and bound out to get their treat. There was one elderly lady, who was tiny, who had a massive Alsation. She took deliveries for her daughter, several a week. The dog got used to me, and the treats, and one day I bumped into her, and the dog at Sainsburys. The dog was straight into my coat pocket! Luckily I had a few treats left.

Thats my take on customer service. Maybe times have changed. Hope not.

Hope you are feeling better now and are able to raise a glass in remembrance of your brother. Sounds very much like food poisoning. I had a bout years ago. The pain was awful just like being run through with a sword.

For once the answer is a resounding no from me. Started getting stomach pains about an hour before going to bed and by the time I went up the pains were excruciating. Much worse than anything I'd ever experienced. Even a strong painkiller (something I rarely ever take) did nothing to ease the pain. It was probably about 4am before I finally got to sleep and even that was fitful. The pain subsided to a large degree by this morning so slept in until about noon. Still don't feel great now but at least the pain has gone.

Not sure what the reason was behind it. It was an alcohol free night and I had Chinese dim sum for tea (the ones you helped me pick up from Penzance Blue). I hope it wasn't a reaction to that because I love them so much, but I had some about a month ago without any bad reaction. They are steamed from frozen and it's possible that I didn't cook them long enough. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I had a bit of lunch about 2 hours ago and touch wood there's been no reaction to that. Think i'll be giving the G&Ts a miss tonight though. See how I am tomorrow.
Take it easy Fred. And if it happens again, maybe get yourself checked out by the GP just as a precaution.
Hope you feel better soon x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back