Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello all. Had a one day round trip to Liverpool today. Dad's death certificates arrived so me and my brother went to his bank to sort out payment of funeral expenses , take a copy of the death certificate in and provide our ID. That went very smoothly. Prior to that we had arranged to pick up his will from the solicitors who had been looking after it. Probate needs the original document. Solicitor said he would leave it with receptionist who would take a copy of our ID and the death certificate.
Arrived there to find no will, receptionist refused to disturb solicitor who was with a client and didn't know how long he would be. Maybe an hour. Possibly longer. We explained he knew we were coming, he knew we had another appointment and he knew I had driven 150 odd miles to be there. So she disturbed him. He came out. I'm sorry I can't find it. It isn't in the file. It might still be in the archives. I'll have to check on Monday. If it isn't there, I'll get my trainee to go through all the files on Tuesday in case it has been misfiled.
He did agree that if he found it he would send it to the Probate Office. Brother and I went to Tesco for a much needed coffee. Had no sooner sat down than the receptionist called. Solicitor had found the will - on his desk! All's well that ends well but nothing is ever straightforward.
Incidentally I think the solicitor may have been having dress down Friday - he was wearing jeans and a red and orange tie dye T shirt with a sun embroidered on it! Not your usual solicitor attire.
Disappointing that.

I know everyone gets relaxed in their job but standards should still be maintained when people are paying for the service, particularly when it’s a difficult time.

By that I mean having everything in place for an appointment rather than the dress code aspect. I’m not a big fan of shirts and ties myself 😙

Hello all. Had a one day round trip to Liverpool today. Dad's death certificates arrived so me and my brother went to his bank to sort out payment of funeral expenses , take a copy of the death certificate in and provide our ID. That went very smoothly. Prior to that we had arranged to pick up his will from the solicitors who had been looking after it. Probate needs the original document. Solicitor said he would leave it with receptionist who would take a copy of our ID and the death certificate.
Arrived there to find no will, receptionist refused to disturb solicitor who was with a client and didn't know how long he would be. Maybe an hour. Possibly longer. We explained he knew we were coming, he knew we had another appointment and he knew I had driven 150 odd miles to be there. So she disturbed him. He came out. I'm sorry I can't find it. It isn't in the file. It might still be in the archives. I'll have to check on Monday. If it isn't there, I'll get my trainee to go through all the files on Tuesday in case it has been misfiled.
He did agree that if he found it he would send it to the Probate Office. Brother and I went to Tesco for a much needed coffee. Had no sooner sat down than the receptionist called. Solicitor had found the will - on his desk! All's well that ends well but nothing is ever straightforward.
Incidentally I think the solicitor may have been having dress down Friday - he was wearing jeans and a red and orange tie dye T shirt with a sun embroidered on it! Not your usual solicitor attire.
I'm so tired reading your post. I'm happy that he DID find the will quickly, but wow, what a day you and your brother had!!

(Hey Everton??? We all need another win this weekend!! Got it?? Good!!!!)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back