Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Loving the country music vibe today. I've loved it for a very long time. Did any of ypu watch the TV drama series Nashville. Well worth a watch even if you don't like country.
I never watched it, but I will see if I can find it on one of my channels.

I did watch a reality show from there where they were searching for the next new country singer/group. It was a lot of fun.

Good morning all .I hope all are well and had a good night .Another warm and sunny day here ,we could do with rain if only so that I could stop chopping wood .I see Finland came second ,what is happening to music it was terrible ,at least we squeezed past Germany in the Ice Hockey a great game for neutrals to watch 4-3 ,1-0,1-1,2-1,2-2,3-2,3-3-4-3.Have a great day all .Nice to see Terrarian popping in ,stay strong that man .

Super day yesterday. First day I've felt better (not 100% yet) for ages.
Spent a couple of hours repairing a fence and then went to the village cricket. Sat in the sun with a pint watching them play hard but with great sportsmanship, can't beat it.
Then vino and food in the garden before settling in to watch Eurovision.
TBH it's not really our thing but as it was from Liverpool and all that. Bloody hell what a freak show. Me and Mrs J only liked 2 and that was Austria and Belgium and neither came close .
Didn't think it showed Liverpool as much as I'd hoped and if the best we can offer is bloody Sonia we might as well give up. The City has wonderful musical talent and she gets the gig! And as for the YAWN dirge , jeez.
Anyway , bit of a match on at Goodison today , very,very nervous after yesterday's results.
COYB.

Morning all another grey and cloudy one. Must get out for a walk this morning as spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening watching football and watching football again this afternoon, if I can bear to watch.🫣.
Good to hear that your are feeling much better @jazzy, hope you are back up to full speed soon.
Let‘s hope you are celebrating two wins later on @Armaghtoffee, Good Luck , have a fantastic time.
Have a good day, all.💙

Afternoon all,
Well just back from my annual visit to Goodison.
A few observations
The atmosphere and crowd were great
We had a game plan which we executed superbly for 35 minutes until a piece of superb skill by Gundogans
Desperately hope that the injury to DCL doesn't prevent him from playing in the last 2 games because without him we look a completely different and clueless team.
City are a truly superb team. They didn't get out of 1st gear and strangled the game with their pressing and movement.

Anyway I enjoyed the visit but it reminded me why I gave up my season ticket . Left at 11.30 and got back home at 5.30 .

Have a lovely evening everyone

Had a lovely stroll with my elderly Mum this afternoon. She is fit as a fiddle, but still 87, so, y,know, it was more of a crawl.

Had a cuppa in a cafe overlooking the Severn Estuary, (its a majestic river), spoke to Sis about some family stuff, and thankfully we are both on the same page, (no surprise really, we usually are). "Steak Night" later, (copywrite Scrubs), which will interest Mert the cat, job interview on Tuesday, ok, Everton lost, but played ok. Had worst days like.

In my little world in Clapton in Gordano, (google it, its ace) it feels ok tonight.

Will take that. Love to you all in this enchanted corner of the internet.

We chose yellow roses for my Dad's wreath because he wanted exactly the same asMum and he picked yellow roses for her. They were in her wedding bouquet. On the day of the funeral one of the rose bushes in the front had two yellow roses in bloom. You do have to wonder.

Quite. It cannot be explained. Rationally, which leaves us with what?

A fabulous song which amazingly she wrote on the same day as she wrote Jolene…although I don’t agree that Houston ruined it, it’s just different, I love both versions…..

I get what you mean. I had no idea that Dolly wrote it till Nikki played it to me; I guess its the pure simplicity of the original versus that crash bang wallop of the cover that I prefer.

Like it was written from passion/grief/whatever, and then covered for a film. I just prefer originals of any genre that have meaning to to the writer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back