Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I get what you mean. I had no idea that Dolly wrote it till Nikki played it to me; I guess its the pure simplicity of the original versus that crash bang wallop of the cover that I prefer.

Like it was written from passion/grief/whatever, and then covered for a film. I just prefer originals of any genre that have meaning to to the writer.
It was written as a parting gift to her mentor and co-host Porter Wagoner, when she decided to walk away from his TV show that she'd joined.

He was unhappy with the decision, and it caused a lot of acrimony on his behalf if the reports are true, but she held a lot of love and respect for him etc.

So, it's seeping in real emotion, which makes it so good. Anyway, on another note, coming out of Goodison today it was rather calm - almost an acceptance.

This is a complete opposite to coming out of Brentford last season, which is telling me a lot about how fans are feeling. Might need to sing it about Everton.

It was written as a parting gift to her mentor and co-host Porter Wagoner, when she decided to walk away from his TV show that she'd joined.

He was unhappy with the decision, and it caused a lot of acrimony on his behalf if the reports are true, but she held a lot of love and respect for him etc.

So, it's seeping in real emotion, which makes it so good. Anyway, on another note, coming out of Goodison today it was rather calm - almost an acceptance.

This is a complete opposite to coming out of Brentford last season, which is telling me a lot about how fans are feeling. Might need to sing it about Everton.

We didn’t really expect any points today though, but for a while played OK even though City are head and shoulders above us, City really are a class team.

So tomorrow, even though I hate the idea, I shall be hoping for a RS win…but knowing them they will lose……

For me, probably the saddest song video is this…with June Carter his wife of 35 years dying just 3 months after filming, then Cash himself dying just 4 months after his wife, then Carters daughter dying just one month after that. I crack up every time I hear it…..

Fantastic song @peteblue , @PhilM have you got any idea why things are are so different this season compared to the Wimbledon and Bolton games ?. It’s like we’re all resigned to going down but those seasons there was real hope.

Good morning all on this sunny day here in Hyvinkää,I hope all are well and had a good night .I expected nothing more yesterday and was pleased with the start ,City can do that to any team.I think we should all be upbeat as long as DCL is fine .As @jazzy says we are a different team with him .Mcneil deserves a mention as he is playing his socks off .Have a great day all .COYB

Fantastic song @peteblue , @PhilM have you got any idea why things are are so different this season compared to the Wimbledon and Bolton games ?. It’s like we’re all resigned to going down but those seasons there was real hope.
I’ve said it a few times, but I genuinely think a combination of apathy setting in and the fans as a whole being emotionally drained, to the point of resignation.

Last year, we the fans metaphorically helped pull the club over the line, yet it took its toll. Personally, I don’t think I could become so attached once again.

You then have boards antics this year as a distraction, which means the division further removes the ability or willingness to organise the call to save us.

Last year, the thought of us going down was horrid; this year, I think we’ll stay up but if we don’t it’s a bit like, ‘We’ll, maybe it’s our time.’

For me, probably the saddest song video is this…with June Carter his wife of 35 years dying just 3 months after filming, then Cash himself dying just 4 months after his wife, then Carters daughter dying just one month after that. I crack up every time I hear it…..

Totally agree. Even the guy who wrote it, Trent Reznor, from Nine Inch Nails, said this was a better version than his.

Good morning all. How is everybody. Pleased you had a good day @jazzy and are feeling better. @PhilM I think you have nailed the situation in your post above. @roydo your day sounds perfect.
I wasn't particularly disappointed yesterday. City are different class. I don't think we played badly, they are just better - and better than anybody at the moment. Really hope DCL can play the last two matches. As Jazzy said, he gives us focus.
I haven't gone back to work today. Emotionally I'm not ready. I couldn't deal with some of the stuff I read on a daily basis. I don't think there would be much fair and/or rational decision making going on.

Good morning all. How is everybody. Pleased you had a good day @jazzy and are feeling better. @PhilM I think you have nailed the situation in your post above. @roydo your day sounds perfect.
I wasn't particularly disappointed yesterday. City are different class. I don't think we played badly, they are just better - and better than anybody at the moment. Really hope DCL can play the last two matches. As Jazzy said, he gives us focus.
I haven't gone back to work today. Emotionally I'm not ready. I couldn't deal with some of the stuff I read on a daily basis. I don't think there would be much fair and/or rational decision making going on.
Take your time Anj. It's no wonder that you are emotionally drained.
Is there any chance of you and Mr F getting away on holiday for a few days?

You have done right thing not returning to work, you need time to take stock and relax after the upset and stress of the last few weeks. Sending my thoughts and love 💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back