Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Supposed to be flying to Edinburgh on Sunday, the airline we are booked on the pilots are threatening to go on strike this week, hopefully they reach an agreement before that happens 🤞
We were booked to travel to Edinburgh last year but the rail workers went on strike so had to cancel have booked again for June, RMT have just voted for strike action, no dates announced yet. Will keep everything crossed for you.

We were booked to travel to Edinburgh last year but the rail workers went on strike so had to cancel have booked again for June, RMT have just voted for strike action, no dates announced yet. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Apparently the RMT weren’t aware that the Eurovision was on in Liverpool this weekend, I expect they won’t know when the FA Cup final is on either…..sorry everyone, but this winds me up…..

Can understand how you feel. Son is member of RMT and brother ASLEF so can see both sides.
Aye, while it's frustrating for commuters, by the very nature of strike action you want to make the greatest impact to help highlight your cause.

Striking on days like Eurovision or semi-finals does that more than on a random Tuesday etc.

Good morning all ,expecting rain later a welcome sight I can tell you but funnily the whole world seems a bit brighter after last nights result.I hope all slept well and have great day today .
My doctor just phoned and my kidney creatinine level is high .So off for a pee yest and ultra sound ,I googled and the level is not higher than normal but it must have risen from the last test ,I explained we had been taking a lot of cough medicine ( I take twice the recommended dose ) yes I know but I am a builder ! So hopefully it is just that, although he said that it could be the bloodpressure tablet I take .COYB.

Morning everyone,

Busy day yesterday working on the Japanese courtyard. A bit of pruning and moving some large bamboo plants to accommodate a small store cabin .

So, today is big shop day for mum and with Mrs J in the Rescue shop I will get stuck into the gardening after doing my bit to keep Tesco solvent.

Glad to see the RS do us a favour last night but we absolutely must get at least 1 win from 2 of our remaining games perhaps 4 points needed.

@anjelikaferrett hope you are ok . Please take as much time as you can before returning to the stress of work.

Anyway I hope that everyone is well and looking forward to the spell of fine weather that we are due

Last edited:

Aye, while it's frustrating for commuters, by the very nature of strike action you want to make the greatest impact to help highlight your cause.

Striking on days like Eurovision or semi-finals does that more than on a random Tuesday etc.
Exactly, what is the point of withdrawing your labour , losing wages and it having no impact.
But hey it's ok because we can train everyone to pick fruit and be paid £10 per hour.
FFS the state of those in power! The next election can't come soon enough.

I’ve said it a few times, but I genuinely think a combination of apathy setting in and the fans as a whole being emotionally drained, to the point of resignation.

Last year, we the fans metaphorically helped pull the club over the line, yet it took its toll. Personally, I don’t think I could become so attached once again.

You then have boards antics this year as a distraction, which means the division further removes the ability or willingness to organise the call to save us.

Last year, the thought of us going down was horrid; this year, I think we’ll stay up but if we don’t it’s a bit like, ‘We’ll, maybe it’s our time.’
To be honest Phil I thought the atmosphere throughout the game ( I was in the Upper Bullens) was excellent and the fans generally stayed with the team ( Holgate apart).
However I do agree that the anger and angst of a potential relegation has disappated.
I just feel that length of time that we have been crap , the success of the RS and most importantly the disconnect between the board and the fans has taken its toll.
The club needs a fresh start with new owners and management that the fans can trust and believe in.

Tbh, every commuter who can wfh (Inc me) welcomes the strikes as it means they can go into the office even less. Obviously it's not as great for some though, but that's the point of strikes

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back