Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

It wasn't terrible - far from it - however for where I sit in the Street End it wasn't what it can be or has been recently. It was somewhat subdued.

Compare it with a comparable game last season (be that Chelsea or Brentford) and the atmosphere before, during and after were noticeably different.

That's where I think the apathy and resignation has set in because people are trying to get behind the team, and they are to an extent, but it's muted.

People don't have it in them any more to match the highs of last year.
If we have to win v Bournemouth to stay up Goodison will be rocking

Evening each. Lovely evening here in the Boro. The other day we visited an antiques shop in Holt, Norfolk. A mug caught my eye, it had gold lettering “Matilda Pratt, 1861” it wasn’t in the best condition, (none of us would be if we’d been kicking around for 160 years) but for some reason it appealed to me. I decided to buy it then noticed a similar mug behind it, this was marked “Reta Pratt”. I couldn’t bear the thought that they would be parted after so long together, daft I know, but I bought them both. I decided to see if there was any possibility of tracing them, a very long shot given so little information. To cut a long story short and I know this doesn’t prove that these were the owners of my mugs but I would like to think they were. On the 1861 census I found a Matilda and Retta Pratt living with their parents and siblings at 100, Howe Street, Everton, Liverpool, by 1871 Matilda had married but Retta was living with her widowed mother at 117, Everton Terrace. How weird is that?
Hope all went well with your tests @blue1948 .
Have a good evening, all.💙
I love this.

Good moring all on this overcast day here in Finland .I hope all are well and had a good night . As @Terrarian says it is in our own hands so lets hope they don't drop the ball-I'll get my coat .
We had a trip out to sort the carpet cleaner we inherited with the house ,I couldnt get enough water flow -the cleaner- it turned out to be an "o" ring about 5mm across .Now all is fine .COYB

Good morning all. It is another lovely day here in Durham. I've been having a coffee in the garden wearing a T shirt and some summery trousers. I love this time of year - long days, short nights. I might even suggest getting the barbecue out at the weekend.

I had a nice surprise yesterday when one of my workmates called round with her 3 year old son. It was good to see her and the little one is gorgeous. He took a liking to all the cat's toys so entertained himself playing with a feathery stick, a springy mouse and the cat tunnel - which he could just about squeeze through! Who knew cats and 3 year olds liked the same things. 🤣 The cat was upstairs asleep on one of the beds so was none the wiser that her toys were being borrowed.

I watched the Championship play off match last night. Sunderland blew it so if we go down, there's a nice close by away fixture I can go to. Daughter's boyfriend is a Middlesbrough supporter. Depending on results we could be going to the match together next season. Hopefully in the Premier League but I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

Have a fun day everybody x

Not been on for a couple of days so need to catch up at some stage.

Been into Falmouth to get my ears lowered today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl who I used to go to for my haircut when we first moved down here is now working there. She had to move out of her old place as they put the rent up too much, and her new premises were a bit out of the way which is why I started going to Heidi's. Her new venture didn't work out it appears so she's now working with Heidi 3 days a week and the rest of the time doing freelance home visits. Anyway she recognised me straight away and I got a big cheery hello when I entered. She came free before Heidi so I sat down and the first thing she said was "have you lost weight". Big smile on my face. the second thing she said was "where's the wife, gone shopping as usual". Big smile gone. I actually filled up which surprised me a bit as I thought I was past that. Obviously not. Luckily Heidi was there to take control. ;)

Weather has been lovely down here this week so have been busy tidying up the outside of the house and, yesterday, I gave the BBQ it's annual full monty clean. So just been in touch with the neighbour's son and he's going to take me to replace the gas tomorrow, then I'm good to go. Got a stock of burgers, steaks and sausages in the freezer so hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend.

Sam, the neighbour's daughter, is quite poorly in hospital at the moment. I don't think I've already mentioned it in here. We were joking that I may have poisoned her when they came around for tea the other week, but it turns out that she has passed a gallstone which has become stuck in some tube or other and they can't get it out. She's been in hospital for 2 weeks now and they've already tried and failed twice. It can lead to quite serious complications if it isn't sorted which is why they've kept her in. They're trying something different tomorrow and the parents are hoping she'll be home by the weekend. But they were saying that last week too.

Not been on for a couple of days so need to catch up at some stage.

Been into Falmouth to get my ears lowered today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl who I used to go to for my haircut when we first moved down here is now working there. She had to move out of her old place as they put the rent up too much, and her new premises were a bit out of the way which is why I started going to Heidi's. Her new venture didn't work out it appears so she's now working with Heidi 3 days a week and the rest of the time doing freelance home visits. Anyway she recognised me straight away and I got a big cheery hello when I entered. She came free before Heidi so I sat down and the first thing she said was "have you lost weight". Big smile on my face. the second thing she said was "where's the wife, gone shopping as usual". Big smile gone. I actually filled up which surprised me a bit as I thought I was past that. Obviously not. Luckily Heidi was there to take control. ;)
Sorry to hear that Fred.

However I'm pleased that you are ok and posting - missed you the last couple of days - seems longer.

Weather has been lovely down here this week so have been busy tidying up the outside of the house and, yesterday, I gave the BBQ it's annual full monty clean. So just been in touch with the neighbour's son and he's going to take me to replace the gas tomorrow, then I'm good to go. Got a stock of burgers, steaks and sausages in the freezer so hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend.

Sam, the neighbour's daughter, is quite poorly in hospital at the moment. I don't think I've already mentioned it in here. We were joking that I may have poisoned her when they came around for tea the other week, but it turns out that she has passed a gallstone which has become stuck in some tube or other and they can't get it out. She's been in hospital for 2 weeks now and they've already tried and failed twice. It can lead to quite serious complications if it isn't sorted which is why they've kept her in. They're trying something different tomorrow and he parents are hoping she'll be home by the weekend. But they were saying that last week too.
The thought of you cleaning the barbeque in your birthday suit is not a mental image that I wish to retain mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back