Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good moring all on this overcast day here in Finland .I hope all are well and had a good night . As @Terrarian says it is in our own hands so lets hope they don't drop the ball-I'll get my coat .
We had a trip out to sort the carpet cleaner we inherited with the house ,I couldnt get enough water flow -the cleaner- it turned out to be an "o" ring about 5mm across .Now all is fine .COYB
Next time my carpet cleaner comes round I'll have to ask him about his "O" ring. ;)

Not looking good for our trip

The WestJet Group says it will lock out the airline's pilots after their union sent a 72-hour strike notice to the company and government Monday night, setting the stage for a work stoppage right before the May long weekend.

The airline says it's begun preparations to operate a reduced schedule, manage changes and cancellations and provide flexible change and cancel options for those people who want to change their plans.
If you and your good lady want to come and visit some of your old haunts down here instead mate, you know you have somewhere to stay and use as a base. ;)

Weather has been lovely down here this week so have been busy tidying up the outside of the house and, yesterday, I gave the BBQ it's annual full monty clean. So just been in touch with the neighbour's son and he's going to take me to replace the gas tomorrow, then I'm good to go. Got a stock of burgers, steaks and sausages in the freezer so hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend.

Sam, the neighbour's daughter, is quite poorly in hospital at the moment. I don't think I've already mentioned it in here. We were joking that I may have poisoned her when they came around for tea the other week, but it turns out that she has passed a gallstone which has become stuck in some tube or other and they can't get it out. She's been in hospital for 2 weeks now and they've already tried and failed twice. It can lead to quite serious complications if it isn't sorted which is why they've kept her in. They're trying something different tomorrow and the parents are hoping she'll be home by the weekend. But they were saying that last week too.
Aaaw Fred. In reply to your first post - big hugs. I've also missed you on here. Hope your neighbour's daughter feels better soon and she gets sorted. Very very painful condition. I had a kidney stone years ago and it hurt like hell!

Not been on for a couple of days so need to catch up at some stage.

Been into Falmouth to get my ears lowered today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl who I used to go to for my haircut when we first moved down here is now working there. She had to move out of her old place as they put the rent up too much, and her new premises were a bit out of the way which is why I started going to Heidi's. Her new venture didn't work out it appears so she's now working with Heidi 3 days a week and the rest of the time doing freelance home visits. Anyway she recognised me straight away and I got a big cheery hello when I entered. She came free before Heidi so I sat down and the first thing she said was "have you lost weight". Big smile on my face. the second thing she said was "where's the wife, gone shopping as usual". Big smile gone. I actually filled up which surprised me a bit as I thought I was past that. Obviously not. Luckily Heidi was there to take control. ;)
Be strong @Barnfred 55 life has a way of catching up . Nice to see she saw the difference and she knew no better about Cal .As long as it was a good haircut forgive her .

We were booked to travel to Edinburgh last year but the rail workers went on strike so had to cancel have booked again for June, RMT have just voted for strike action, no dates announced yet. Will keep everything crossed for you.
I'm hopefully going up in July but wer'e also subject to rail strikes. The main expense is the accommodation which can cancelled if need be. All I've booked so far is my Edinburgh flight which i used flight points for so not a big deal. I haven't booked a stay in Liverpool or return flights until I know it's definitely going ahead. I think the unions need to give a months advance warning of strikes. Luckily there's no Eurovision or FA Cup finals on when we're travelling so we've got a fighting chance. :)

Be strong @Barnfred 55 life has a way of catching up . Nice to see she saw the difference and she knew no better about Cal .As long as it was a good haircut forgive her .
She always did a good cut, if about half as fast as Heidi would do it. But then she threw on some gel without asking, and it was already there before I realised. I look like a bloody badger nowlol

Had to lay a base for the small store cabin today.
Could have got proper workies to do it but watched them do the patio and thought how hard is that?
A days graft lifting and bedding 2x2 flagstones and I'm absolutely knackered.
The base looks fine , is level and won't move but I think I'll leave it to the experts next time!
Three words come to mind Jazz and the middle one is "for". lol

Best of luck mate. Not that you need it. They'd be barmy not to take you on.

Maybe. But me being me, if it was between me and a young'un who was desperate for a job, I would ask them to give the young'un a break.

I am more pleased that I went for the job, and interviewed ok if I am honest. That said, 3 day week pottering around the area aint too shabby.

If you and your good lady want to come and visit some of your old haunts down here instead mate, you know you have somewhere to stay and use as a base. ;)
Thanks mate you never know, my mate is a booking agent with West Jet, he is going to try and rebook us with another airline which will be great if he can, only drawback is we are direct to Edinburgh at the moment, we will defo have to have at least one stopover, but hopefully we can get there

Maybe. But me being me, if it was between me and a young'un who was desperate for a job, I would ask them to give the young'un a break.

I am more pleased that I went for the job, and interviewed ok if I am honest. That said, 3 day week pottering around the area aint too shabby.
I doubt very much you'll be given an option mate. You'll just be offered the job. You either accept it or not.

A delivery job was always an option for Cal and one which I would have been able to help her with. As you say, driving around beautiful countryside is hardly tasking when compared to some high stressed office job.

I doubt very much you'll be given an option mate. You'll just be offered the job. You either accept it or not.

A delivery job was always an option for Cal and one which I would have been able to help her with. As you say, driving around beautiful countryside is hardly tasking when compared to some high stressed office job.

Delivery can be pretty stressful mate!

Our lidl is recruiting and I was surprised to see the hourly rate was 13.90€ an hour . Much more than I expected ,may be they cannot get staff .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back