Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Not been on for a couple of days so need to catch up at some stage.

Been into Falmouth to get my ears lowered today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl who I used to go to for my haircut when we first moved down here is now working there. She had to move out of her old place as they put the rent up too much, and her new premises were a bit out of the way which is why I started going to Heidi's. Her new venture didn't work out it appears so she's now working with Heidi 3 days a week and the rest of the time doing freelance home visits. Anyway she recognised me straight away and I got a big cheery hello when I entered. She came free before Heidi so I sat down and the first thing she said was "have you lost weight". Big smile on my face. the second thing she said was "where's the wife, gone shopping as usual". Big smile gone. I actually filled up which surprised me a bit as I thought I was past that. Obviously not. Luckily Heidi was there to take control. ;)
So good to hear from you but not so good re your experience in the hairdresser. Unfortunately there’s always the risk of meeting someone who is unaware of the situation. My Dad was a regular at a cycle repair shop nearby. He knew the couple who ran it from his schooldays so would often pop in for a chat even if his bike wasn’t in need of repair. It must have been a couple of years after he passed away my Mum called in to get a bike tyre for my brother. The lady who ran the shop assumed it was for Dad and said to Mum something on the lines of “He‘s sent you has he? I suppose he’s sat there with a cup of tea” Mum taken completely by surprise couldn’t bring herself to tell the truth and mumbled that yes he was. Years later our daughter accompanied Mum to the shop. When she came home she asked why the lady in the shop was asking after Grandad. Apparently Mum having started the lie just carried on with it.

I'm hopefully going up in July but wer'e also subject to rail strikes. The main expense is the accommodation which can cancelled if need be. All I've booked so far is my Edinburgh flight which i used flight points for so not a big deal. I haven't booked a stay in Liverpool or return flights until I know it's definitely going ahead. I think the unions need to give a months advance warning of strikes. Luckily there's no Eurovision or FA Cup finals on when we're travelling so we've got a fighting chance. :)
I’ve booked a hotel on a free cancellation deal and have got train tickets via our son, if we have to cancel due to strike action they will be refunded so we won’t lose financially. According to my brother who was ASLEF rep, it’s fourteen day’s notice so it’s going to be nail biting for the next couple of weeks or so.

Weather has been lovely down here this week so have been busy tidying up the outside of the house and, yesterday, I gave the BBQ it's annual full monty clean. So just been in touch with the neighbour's son and he's going to take me to replace the gas tomorrow, then I'm good to go. Got a stock of burgers, steaks and sausages in the freezer so hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend.

Sam, the neighbour's daughter, is quite poorly in hospital at the moment. I don't think I've already mentioned it in here. We were joking that I may have poisoned her when they came around for tea the other week, but it turns out that she has passed a gallstone which has become stuck in some tube or other and they can't get it out. She's been in hospital for 2 weeks now and they've already tried and failed twice. It can lead to quite serious complications if it isn't sorted which is why they've kept her in. They're trying something different tomorrow and the parents are hoping she'll be home by the weekend. But they were saying that last week too.

My daughter suffers with gallstones. She basically had a choice of an operation or change her lifestyle, what she eats etc. She chose lifestyle but every now and again gets an ‘episode’, but she’s sticking with it. Personally I wish she had had the operation and changed her lifestyle, but of course it’s her choice…..,

Watching Manchester City demolish Real.Madrid makes our 3-0 loss look quite respectable! Absolutely world class display.
Yep just back from the pub as I wanted to watch a pure football game without stress. City were awesome. Some of the best football you'll ever see. Easy to say ( as bitter RS fans do ) they have spent loads of money. Well it's true but they've spent well and Pep has improved the players immeasurably. By contrast we've blown half a billion on crap.

Yep just back from the pub as I wanted to watch a pure football game without stress. City were awesome. Some of the best football you'll ever see. Easy to say ( as bitter RS fans do ) they have spent loads of money. Well it's true but they've spent well and Pep has improved the players immeasurably. By contrast we've blown half a billion on crap.

Surely headlockgate is far more important than just wasting £500,000,000 on players. I mean, she could have been upset and everything….

Good mornig all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää. Up on the roof to turn the aerial first job then marinate the ribs for tonight followed by wood chopping .I hope all had a good sleep and have a great day .As said City were on another planet and our result was in a way an achievement .Getting a bit itchy about Saturday now .It looks like there are a couple interested in putting Moshiri out of his misery ( Dail Mail) COYB.

Very true. You can have the best players in the world but you have to be able to make them play as a team. Pep has done this and improved them as you said.

Morning. how is everyone, good I hope? Weather is fair this morning and not as chilly.

I've got a cajun chicken crock pot on the go for later, made it like last time except I had no garlic this time.

I wonder why aldi and lidl pay better wages, I thought for some unsubstantiated reason that it's because they have to memorise prices and stuff but no idea.

I am going back to tesco, i found full shopping in Aldi a bit of a nightmare and so ended up not getting half the stuff I wanted. It was far to overcrowded and the brain dead staff barely leave any room to manoeuvre, it stressed me out a bit.

Delivery drivers these days are under a lot of time pressure and that why they end up leaving parcels in the open or chucking them over back gardens despite possible fragility. Other than that I don't know anything lol

Hi all, I went to the doctor this morning and got signed off for two more weeks. I actually cried when I was talking to the doctor which made me realise I'm not ready to go back to work but also made me feel like a right divvy.
Off to the gym.this afternoon. Then will be keeping close tabs on the Newcastle match later.

You’ve been through a quite stressful period, don’t beat yourself up, enjoy the break and relax….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back