Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Makes perfect sense mate. One day, I may get over Nikki leaving us. The old cliches, "you fill find someone one day, time is a healer" etc etc, mean zip to me. I dont mope all day, or have a shrine for her, but she is never more than a heart beat away from being remembered. If I have a happy, good day, I dont feel guilty. If I have a sad day, (they still happen), I qualify it by knowing it is no ones else issue, and its cos I loved her so much.

And was lucky to have done so.

@anjelikaferrett

Kinda what I mean.

Hi all, I went to the doctor this morning and got signed off for two more weeks. I actually cried when I was talking to the doctor which made me realise I'm not ready to go back to work but also made me feel like a right divvy.
Off to the gym.this afternoon. Then will be keeping close tabs on the Newcastle match later.
As others have said please take time to grieve and don’t bottle things up. When my Dad died my Mum went completely to pieces and my brothers were at a loss as to how to cope with the situation. I took complete control of things despite having two very young children, one of whom was ill at the time. All was well until about two years later when I fell and broke my wrist. That somehow brought things to a head when the loss of my Dad suddenly hit me. I I don’t want to make this about me but what I‘m trying to say in my cack handed way is look after yourself.💙

As others have said please take time to grieve and don’t bottle things up. When my Dad died my Mum went completely to pieces and my brothers were at a loss as to how to cope with the situation. I took complete control of things despite having two very young children, one of whom was ill at the time. All was well until about two years later when I fell and broke my wrist. That somehow brought things to a head when the loss of my Dad suddenly hit me. I I don’t want to make this about me but what I‘m trying to say in my cack handed way is look after yourself.💙

Indeed….

Thank you all for being so kind. For a bunch of internet strangers bound by a love of the most dysfunctional football club on planet Earth. you are some of the nicest, most special people I've ever met. This little corner of the virtual world is indeed an oasis of calm. Long may it continue x

In other news Mr F almost met his Maker tonight. One more shout of "Gan on Miggy" or a reference to Burny and he would have been under the patio. They had better play like that against Leicester on Monday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back