Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Afternoon all. Hope you are all good.

Hard to tell with Dyche sometimes but I think we will see DCL start on Saturday. Please God anyway!

The relegation thread on here is a sight to behold. Some mad takes on it all and a couple of characters who appear to be willing us down.

The rele thread reminds me of algebra. If X does Y, what happens to Z?

Hi all, I went to the doctor this morning and got signed off for two more weeks. I actually cried when I was talking to the doctor which made me realise I'm not ready to go back to work but also made me feel like a right divvy.
Off to the gym.this afternoon. Then will be keeping close tabs on the Newcastle match later.

A divvy doesn't love their dad like you did .I find it endearing that you could have that emotion .Enjoy the time off as you must need it for the effort alone you put in to the funeral arrangements .Stay strong

Local elections here today in NI and I am just about to go cast my ballot.

As a politics nerd I always take the day off work after elections and am glued to the speculation as the results start to feed in.

Now quite miffed to read that BBC NI are on strike tomorrow! No rolling election coverage for me then 😟.
How do you think it'll pan out?

More of the same but most interesting part will be how the DUP fare after collapsing government.

Hoping UTV go to town on their coverage to give me my fix. I demand my right to eat disgraceful amounts of tea and toast watching votes roll in 😀
My brother typically stays up all night when it's election night, but it's his job and his thing. We can all hope for a stable, workable government over there for you.

Hi all, I went to the doctor this morning and got signed off for two more weeks. I actually cried when I was talking to the doctor which made me realise I'm not ready to go back to work but also made me feel like a right divvy.
Off to the gym.this afternoon. Then will be keeping close tabs on the Newcastle match later.
please rest and take it easy Anj

I have no idea if you have had to deal with grief before Anj. My nugget of a suggestion is to not fight it. Stiff upper lip and all that. Your brain is computing its emotion that is the right level for you. If you fight that natural feeling, cos you think you "should", little good will come of that.

PM me if you want a better explanation of what I am on about. Take care, do what you feel is right, do not feel under pressure. Xx

Far, far from it. You've been through a difficult period and as humans we all deal with things differently, and at different times. If you're not ready, you ain't ready.

Rushing back, bottling the emotions up and not getting to grip with them properly is the worst thing to do long-term - the short-term is irrelevant.

My brother typically stays up all night when it's election night, but it's his job and his thing. We can all hope for a stable, workable government over there for you.
Madly they don’t count votes overnight in NI, they make us wait until next day to even start. No clue what that is all about!

Govt will be back here in Autumn once the Tory’s have given us another billion or so. Always the way.

Far, far from it. You've been through a difficult period and as humans we all deal with things differently, and at different times. If you're not ready, you ain't ready.

Rushing back, bottling the emotions up and not getting to grip with them properly is the worst thing to do long-term - the short-term is irrelevant.
Great advice this @anjelikaferrett.

Once you are back in work then colleagues and management consider you 100% ready to go. Take the time you need and be guided by your GP.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back