Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

All the best mate, hope it all goes well for you…I’m sure it will……

You never really know, but answering some questions about "service" and "customer care" I cited the two examples a few pages ago. He said those answered about 4 more questions. I assumed in a good way! And cos I have experience, I could ask actually relevant questions of him.

"Average drops per shift?"
"Returns policies?"
"Chilled vans?"
"Average range for a round?"
"Will I have customer contact details if I am running late/early?"

And blimey, behind the scenes at supermarkets, they are dead shabby!

Not looking good for our trip

The WestJet Group says it will lock out the airline's pilots after their union sent a 72-hour strike notice to the company and government Monday night, setting the stage for a work stoppage right before the May long weekend.

The airline says it's begun preparations to operate a reduced schedule, manage changes and cancellations and provide flexible change and cancel options for those people who want to change their plans.

Ta. Its only 20 hours, ish, a week, which I thought would be 4 hours for 5 days, but its 3 full days out of 7, which would work better for me anyrate. If I get asked back, sound, if not, well, the experience has made me feel better about myself/one more step back into the world.
Fingers crossed for you but as you say even if you don’t get asked back something positive has come out of the experience.

Fingers crossed for you but as you say even if you don’t get asked back something positive has come out of the experience.

Just popped down the pub for a quick half in the sun. 4 folk asked me how it went. Said it a billion times, folk in general are nice people. They all know me, obvs, all knew Nikki, and all knew Dad. And all know the 3 years that have passed.

To be honest Phil I thought the atmosphere throughout the game ( I was in the Upper Bullens) was excellent and the fans generally stayed with the team ( Holgate apart).
However I do agree that the anger and angst of a potential relegation has disappated.
I just feel that length of time that we have been crap , the success of the RS and most importantly the disconnect between the board and the fans has taken its toll.
The club needs a fresh start with new owners and management that the fans can trust and believe in.
It wasn't terrible - far from it - however for where I sit in the Street End it wasn't what it can be or has been recently. It was somewhat subdued.

Compare it with a comparable game last season (be that Chelsea or Brentford) and the atmosphere before, during and after were noticeably different.

That's where I think the apathy and resignation has set in because people are trying to get behind the team, and they are to an extent, but it's muted.

People don't have it in them any more to match the highs of last year.

Evening each. Lovely evening here in the Boro. The other day we visited an antiques shop in Holt, Norfolk. A mug caught my eye, it had gold lettering “Matilda Pratt, 1861” it wasn’t in the best condition, (none of us would be if we’d been kicking around for 160 years) but for some reason it appealed to me. I decided to buy it then noticed a similar mug behind it, this was marked “Reta Pratt”. I couldn’t bear the thought that they would be parted after so long together, daft I know, but I bought them both. I decided to see if there was any possibility of tracing them, a very long shot given so little information. To cut a long story short and I know this doesn’t prove that these were the owners of my mugs but I would like to think they were. On the 1861 census I found a Matilda and Retta Pratt living with their parents and siblings at 100, Howe Street, Everton, Liverpool, by 1871 Matilda had married but Retta was living with her widowed mother at 117, Everton Terrace. How weird is that?
Hope all went well with your tests @blue1948 .
Have a good evening, all.💙

Evening each. Lovely evening here in the Boro. The other day we visited an antiques shop in Holt, Norfolk. A mug caught my eye, it had gold lettering “Matilda Pratt, 1861” it wasn’t in the best condition, (none of us would be if we’d been kicking around for 160 years) but for some reason it appealed to me. I decided to buy it then noticed a similar mug behind it, this was marked “Reta Pratt”. I couldn’t bear the thought that they would be parted after so long together, daft I know, but I bought them both. I decided to see if there was any possibility of tracing them, a very long shot given so little information. To cut a long story short and I know this doesn’t prove that these were the owners of my mugs but I would like to think they were. On the 1861 census I found a Matilda and Retta Pratt living with their parents and siblings at 100, Howe Street, Everton, Liverpool, by 1871 Matilda had married but Retta was living with her widowed mother at 117, Everton Terrace. How weird is that?
Hope all went well with your tests @blue1948 .
Have a good evening, all.💙
Spooky!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back