Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Love the pics @Armaghtoffee. Also love the pic of your tea @blue1948 . We had spaghetti and meatballs last night with arabiatta sauce. It's my version of one anyway - I've never actually looked up a recipe for it.
We're having an Indian takeaway tonight. Daughter ( whose ankle is much better) is treating us because she got her travel expenses yesterday. Prawn Madras curry and vegetable pilau rice is my choice. One day I'm going to be brave enough to tackle a vindaloo.

OK this weather is seriously good but potentially damaging. I had a cheeky beer reading my book and me and Mrs J just demonlished a bottle of white Burgundy. She insisted another must go in the freezer. Who am I to say no ?
Mate. I was sat on Falmouth Pier and had 4 pints of strong lager in an hour and a half.

Spent the last 10 days walking around in shorts and sunbathing. Getting a nice tan. Sat out for a couple of hours in a T shirt today and now resemble a fruit salad (remember those old chewy sweets). Go figure.

Hope the Burgundy is nice seeing as you bought so many without trying (assuming now that you wouldn't pay full price😀)

Love the pics @Armaghtoffee. Also love the pic of your tea @blue1948 . We had spaghetti and meatballs last night with arabiatta sauce. It's my version of one anyway - I've never actually looked up a recipe for it.
We're having an Indian takeaway tonight. Daughter ( whose ankle is much better) is treating us because she got her travel expenses yesterday. Prawn Madras curry and vegetable pilau rice is my choice. One day I'm going to be brave enough to tackle a vindaloo.
A proper vindaloo is very nice Anj. If you cook it yourself you'll be fine. I have a couple of recipes I've used. But some curry houses just use it as an excuse to make a dish so hot it's inedible. You need to be careful.

Neck a couple of beers before trying a vindaloo. And put a toilet roll into the fridge for the next day as well.

A proper vindaloo is very nice Anj. If you cook it yourself you'll be fine. I have a couple of recipes I've used. But some curry houses just use it as an excuse to make a dish so hot it's inedible. You need to be careful.
You ever tried a Phaal curry Fred?

I can handle a vindaloo the very best but the Phaal may well be my Everest.

Mate. I was sat on Falmouth Pier and had 4 pints of strong lager in an hour and a half.

Spent the last 10 days walking around in shorts and sunbathing. Getting a nice tan. Sat out for a couple of hours in a T shirt today and now resemble a fruit salad (remember those old chewy sweets). Go figure.

Hope the Burgundy is nice seeing as you bought so many without trying (assuming now that you wouldn't pay full price😀)
The Macon was superb. £7.50 per bottle wouldn't even buy you a glass of inferior wine. Loved it.

You ever tried a Phaal curry Fred?

I can handle a vindaloo the very best but the Phaal may well be my Everest.
Same mate. I've never cooked a phaal or even seen a recipe if I'm honest. But we've tried it a few times in different places. In one we had to scrape the sauce off the meat to eat it.

I like hot food but it's the combination of flavours that make it. You know I've enjoyed a curry when the sweat is coming out of every orifice. But if you can't even eat it what's the point?

By the way. My personal test on how hot my food has been is whether I can pee without burning before I go to bed. When it stings, you know its been a hot one.😀

Same mate. I've never cooked a phaal or even seen a recipe if I'm honest. But we've tried it a few times in different places. In one we had to scrape the sauce off the meat to eat it.

I like hot food but it's the combination of flavours that make it. You know I've enjoyed a curry when the sweat is coming out of every orifice. But if you can't even eat it what's the point?

By the way. My personal test on how hot my food has been is whether I can pee without burning before I go to bed. When it stings, you know its been a hot one.😀
All about layers building to heat rather than removing your tastebuds with the first bite.

I hand on heart have never experienced that pee test. Mercifully.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back