Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Love the pics @Armaghtoffee. Also love the pic of your tea @blue1948 . We had spaghetti and meatballs last night with arabiatta sauce. It's my version of one anyway - I've never actually looked up a recipe for it.
We're having an Indian takeaway tonight. Daughter ( whose ankle is much better) is treating us because she got her travel expenses yesterday. Prawn Madras curry and vegetable pilau rice is my choice. One day I'm going to be brave enough to tackle a vindaloo.
My advice is stick with what you like as a vindaloo ,which is a Portuguese recipe ,is too hot to taste unless you have a kiln for a mouth as Fred does .o_O

Well if you ever get to visit me you may find out. 😀 Not sure on the cause tbh, but I think it has something to do with how hot the fresh chillies you use are.

Was having a chat to the guy from Cornish chillies today and he was telling me that each chilli type has their own "heat range" but that range is quite extensive and each chilli has its own characteristics. So it's very possible to find a mild or medium chilli to be hotter than a hot chilli. Scary.
I think that is why they don't label them all regarding the heat .

Yesterday I bought a chilli jam from the local shop. This morning I spoke to the guy who actually produced it. I also tasted said jam which lived up to it's "hot" title. Looking forward to trying it with some meat and cheese platters throughout the summer.

I actually met and spoke to 5 different producers today whose product I can get through my local shop. I like that.
I loved your village shop Fred they were sorted ,had a great range of stuff and great working hours .Memories of when I was young ,shops shut at 5.30 and opened at 8 with an hour lunch and we all managed .Now they are open even on Christmas Day . I pity the staff who don't get the holiday ,yes I know they get time in lieu .

The thing is Fred, it was a genuine, from the heart view, inspired by a wonderful person living in Finland…..no names no pack drill….
I promise I offered no more than Fred ,who to this day I am grateful to for much more than the room and board .Well it was more a suite and cook to be fair .Still stunned by his generosity and wisdom .Thanks Fred

Good morning all the rain has gone and another glorious one seems to be the order of the day .I hope all had a good night and have a great day .I woke three times last night thinking about our fate so the sooner the better Sunday comes and goes .I read we are 80% chance to stay up and that worries me .I don't like these predictions as they often seem to go wrong with us .So here is hoping for the best COYB.

Spot the poster…obv I’ve missed loads, but in my defence I’ve been the pub….anyone missing please just add…..

View attachment 211793
Ace Pete :)

To keep this thread on topic - I nearly had a moment for the "minor things that made you fume" thread just now. I work today so had to catch the bus - timed it pretty well but it arrived like 20 sec early, had to cross a street, busdriver literally saw me run towards the bus, closed the doors and set off, almost going through me. Was fuming, but heard a car horn next to me - a kind taxi man was returning home and just said "hop in, I'll get you there before the next stop" cuz it's closeby. No charge or anything, just a good human being there. His reasoning was "hate to see it happen and buses today run 30 min or so apart so thought I'd do you a favour", top lad.

Ace Pete :)

To keep this thread on topic - I nearly had a moment for the "minor things that made you fume" thread just now. I work today so had to catch the bus - timed it pretty well but it arrived like 20 sec early, had to cross a street, busdriver literally saw me run towards the bus, closed the doors and set off, almost going through me. Was fuming, but heard a car horn next to me - a kind taxi man was returning home and just said "hop in, I'll get you there before the next stop" cuz it's closeby. No charge or anything, just a good human being there. His reasoning was "hate to see it happen and buses today run 30 min or so apart so thought I'd do you a favour", top lad.
The bus drivers down here are all brilliant. They are like taxis and will drop off or pick up anywhere as long as its on your route.

The driver on the journey in yesterday morning had the radio on and there was a pop quiz on and he and the other passengers all joined in. It was great fun.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back