Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning everyone,

After what's been an incredibly busy, with a still busted toe, it's D-Day -1. I still haven't really thought much about tomorrow, but it's starting to creep in, slightly.

I'm still pondering whether to take my son tomorrow or not as I know for a fact that the club have bought in two security firms for tomorrow in case of a kick-off.

Do I want him experiencing that? Not so sure.

Morning everyone,

After what's been an incredibly busy, with a still busted toe, it's D-Day -1. I still haven't really thought much about tomorrow, but it's starting to creep in, slightly.

I'm still pondering whether to take my son tomorrow or not as I know for a fact that the club have bought in two security firms for tomorrow in case of a kick-off.

I'm 50/50 either unarsed or uneasy to be honest mate haha.

Also 50/50 on whether I shouldn't go to a good sauna session tomorrow, about 5 min before kickoff and return about 5 min after the match lol

The bus drivers down here are all brilliant. They are like taxis and will drop off or pick up anywhere as long as its on your route.

The driver on the journey in yesterday morning had the radio on and there was a pop quiz on and he and the other passengers all joined in. It was great fun.
Sounds boss that!

Around here they're either really cool or just arseholes honestly, no inbetween. Got the latter today really, short straws and that.

Morning everyone,

Tomorrow seems like a day of change either way. I think we will do it but even so expect an explosion of rage towards the board over the coming days. We must not go through this again.

If it was me, I would bring my lads. Only fair to let them see the club they are inheriting 😀

Tomorrow seems like a day of change either way. I think we will do it but even so expect an explosion of rage towards the board over the coming days. We must not go through this again.

If it was me, I would bring my lads. Only fair to let them see the club they are inheriting 😀
Why do you want to do this do them mate?! lol

I said that in the match thread for tomorrow, but my favourite German team Schalke are in the absolutely same situation as Everton (if not actually worse as a win is pretty much a must; draw means a lot of results need to go our way and a loss is dread.

Why are all Royal Blues like this in 2023 FFS

I said that in the match thread for tomorrow, but my favourite German team Schalke are in the absolutely same situation as Everton (if not actually worse as a win is pretty much a must; draw means a lot of results need to go our way and a loss is dread.

Everton is all they know and I’d rather them experience reality rather than be like their club hopping mates.

Remember when German football was the first to come back during the first lockdown? There was an article at the time comparing each club to their Premier League equivalent (so you knew who to support). And yes, Everton were Schalke 😀

Please be kind on this thread as there are lots of others to lose your rag ,we are all old and tired in here we need the peace and quiet .It is important we are not forced to put down our G&T's or worse still spit them out .:)
:)

Everton is all they know and I’d rather them experience reality rather than be like their club hopping mates.

Remember when German football was the first to come back during the first lockdown? There was an article at the time comparing each club to their Premier League equivalent (so you knew who to support). And yes, Everton were Schalke 😀
Well Royal Blues and all that, a good working class team, makes sense.
Please be kind on this thread as there are lots of others to lose your rag ,we are all old and tired in here we need the peace and quiet .It is important we are not forced to put down our G&T's or worse still spit them out .:)
:)
Ah didn't mean to impede on the G&T times mate, was just giving a comparison. If anything, it's equally as exciting but for the wrong reasons, football wise lol

A lovely young lady, unaware of her name tbh as my brother had arranged it all.
The lovely lady that conducted Cal's funeral was Clare Bennett. We'd also used her for Cal's mum and her uncle too. It could have been the same one but I think the celebrant that covers the Wirral is also female. I think these Humanist celebrations are so informal and just nice really. I'd recommend Clare to anybody and if you want a religious element to he service, such as hymns or the Lords prayer, you can do.

My son quite often assures me that I've ruined his life! He's 30 in July and has been a blue since about aged 4 when he said ' I want to be an Evertonian like Mum' A bold statement when you are born and bred in the North East.🤣
However it is our thing. Its what we do together when we can. I can understand your concerns but I would take them. Whatever happens none of you will ever forget it.

My son quite often assures me that I've ruined his life! He's 30 in July and has been a blue since about aged 4 when he said ' I want to be an Evertonian like Mum' A bold statement when you are born and bred in the North East.🤣
However it is our thing. Its what we do together when we can. I can understand your concerns but I would take them. Whatever happens none of you will ever forget it.
Oh yeah, my dad's been a blue since the 80s, but Iron Curtain and all most you'd get here is papers or some mad lad having a few MOTD broadcasts or something similar lol

I started out at around when Moyes took over but I was like 8-9, so mostly remember how much of a yoyo the first few years were haha. Vividly remember where I was when I saw Rooney's "Remember the name" goal though, I'd say that's probably my first solid memory. Living literally the other end of Europe it means I've mostly gotten TV memories, so to say, but still...

The lovely lady that conducted Cal's funeral was Clare Bennett. We'd also used her for Cal's mum and her uncle too. It could have been the same one but I think the celebrant that covers the Wirral is also female. I think these Humanist celebrations are so informal and just nice really. I'd recommend Clare to anybody and if you want a religious element to he service, such as hymns or the Lords prayer, you can do.
We had a humanist funeral for my Mum and as far as these go it was a lovely service. We left the details in the hands of the celebrant except for the poem “Daffodils“, a favourite flower of Mum and also apt as they were just coming into flower and visible through the chapel windows. I wish we could have had the same for my Dad, a committed atheist, but only a religious service was allowed. The vicar admitted at the start he was a late stand-in and then proceeded to recite”Abide with me” and forgot the words halfway through. Here is the reading from Mum’s service.
IMG_1013.webp

We had a humanist funeral for my Mum and as far as these go it was a lovely service. We left the details in the hands of the celebrant except for the poem “Daffodils“, a favourite flower of Mum and also apt as they were just coming into flower and visible through the chapel windows. I wish we could have had the same for my Dad, a committed atheist, but only a religious service was allowed. The vicar admitted at the start he was a late stand-in and then proceeded to recite”Abide with me” and forgot the words halfway through. Here is the reading from Mum’s service.
View attachment 211834
I chose the music but didn't have a clue about readings or poems, so the celebrant suggested 2 poems that she thought would be appropriate given what she had learned about Cal's life and passions. They were both right on the money.

Being a techno phobe I don't know how to post these poems so thought it would be just as easy to post a copy of the order of service. Fingers crossed it works.

Attachments

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back