Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I chose the music but didn't have a clue about readings or poems, so the celebrant suggested 2 poems that she thought would be appropriate given what she had learned about Cal's life and passions. They were both right on the money.

Being a techno phobe I don't know how to post these poems so thought it would be just as easy to post a copy of the order of service. Fingers crossed it works.
Fred, that is lovely. Thank you for sharing such a deeply personal thing. The poems are perfect.

Hello everybody. I hope you've had a nice day enjoying the sunshine. I've been to Whitley Bay and had a really nice lunch in a place called Hinnies. Two courses £17. Well worth it - good portion sizes and very delicious. I decided to go veggie for my main course which was a lentil and aubergine dhal. Then we went to see my friend's daughter in her play. the total audience was 14- and 6 of them were us! She is very good at her craft but the pay worried me. It was just her and her boyfriend performing - he wrote it and I honestly think that it was the product of a very disurbed mind. It was about domestic abuse ( coercive comtrol, manipulation, belittling behaviour) by a woman towards a man but the characters were the farm owners fro Chicken Run. freind's daughter played Mr and boyfriend played Mrs. I didn't get the need for that. I know it's not real and it's only acting but I found something very unsettling about it and wonder about the dynamics of their relationship. Fortunately it was only 45 minutes long. They are supposed to be taking it to the Edinburgh fringe. If anybody goes to that - have a look out for it. It's called It's All In your Head.

D day fast approaches. Let's put it out there. I just want us to win and stay up and if we don't I definitely will cry. COYB!

I chose the music but didn't have a clue about readings or poems, so the celebrant suggested 2 poems that she thought would be appropriate given what she had learned about Cal's life and passions. They were both right on the money.

Being a techno phobe I don't know how to post these poems so thought it would be just as easy to post a copy of the order of service. Fingers crossed it works.
Your wedding looked beautiful. Your Cal is a stunning Lady! :)

Thank you for sharing those cherished moments. 💙

Hello everybody. I hope you've had a nice day enjoying the sunshine. I've been to Whitley Bay and had a really nice lunch in a place called Hinnies. Two courses £17. Well worth it - good portion sizes and very delicious. I decided to go veggie for my main course which was a lentil and aubergine dhal. Then we went to see my friend's daughter in her play. the total audience was 14- and 6 of them were us! She is very good at her craft but the pay worried me. It was just her and her boyfriend performing - he wrote it and I honestly think that it was the product of a very disurbed mind. It was about domestic abuse ( coercive comtrol, manipulation, belittling behaviour) by a woman towards a man but the characters were the farm owners fro Chicken Run. freind's daughter played Mr and boyfriend played Mrs. I didn't get the need for that. I know it's not real and it's only acting but I found something very unsettling about it and wonder about the dynamics of their relationship. Fortunately it was only 45 minutes long. They are supposed to be taking it to the Edinburgh fringe. If anybody goes to that - have a look out for it. It's called It's All In your Head.

D day fast approaches. Let's put it out there. I just want us to win and stay up and if we don't I definitely will cry. COYB!

Yep, sounds a bit weird…..

Morning everyone ,

Had a great day out yesterday in town. A couple of glasses of wine in Queens off Castle St , an excellent monkfish in the Italian Club Fish on Bold St and a couple more glasses of vino in Ropes and Twines as I made my way back to the train station. Liverpool was absolutely buzzing , so many out enjoying themselves in the sun. Only problem was the connecting train from Ormskirk to Preston was cancelled ( they are only every hour at the best of times ) so Mrs J kindly picked me up!

So, the big day today. Can't say I'm confident and to be honest glad I'm not going as I think it could turn nasty if things don't turn out well.

Anyway , win or lose , me and Mrs J off to the Phil tonight to see Jools Holland , should be good.

Get your prayer mats out and hopefully have a lovely day everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back