Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all. So this day had arrived. I really do not want to think about it.
The plan this morning is gardening. Lots of weeds to deal with due to an overgrown field adjoining our garden. The nettles are determined to colonise our garden. I dond the dandelions, daisies and buttercups because the bees and butterflies like them.

@jazzy your day yesterday sounds perfect. I'm also a bit jealous of your visit to The Phil to see Jools Holland. I hope you will be having a swift half in the Phil pub pre show. One of my favouritepubs in Liverpool. @PhilM hope the toe is feeling better. @Ducans elbow, your day in Edinburgh looked fun too. Have a good day at the races.

Have a lovely day all. I'm hoping we all have a happy catch up at about 6pm! x

Morning all, bit cloudy here. Hope the sun will be shining for us all later, both literally and figuratively. You may remember I was undecided about watching the game as we were supposed to be going to a Bands Day at a local pub as our friends’ group is playing. I have decided to watch the game. I‘m not sure whether our friend will understand as he‘s not a football fan and just doesn’t “get” it at all. My decision based on two things,
a) It may be (whisper it quietly) our last game in the Premiership
b) Mr G. is going to the pub and doesn’t want to be there with me checking the score every thirty seconds!
@jazzy hope you have a great time and @Ducans elbow it looks as though you already are.
Have a good day, all. 💙

Morning all. So this day had arrived. I really do not want to think about it.
The plan this morning is gardening. Lots of weeds to deal with due to an overgrown field adjoining our garden. The nettles are determined to colonise our garden. I dond the dandelions, daisies and buttercups because the bees and butterflies like them.

@jazzy your day yesterday sounds perfect. I'm also a bit jealous of your visit to The Phil to see Jools Holland. I hope you will be having a swift half in the Phil pub pre show. One of my favouritepubs in Liverpool. @PhilM hope the toe is feeling better. @Ducans elbow, your day in Edinburgh looked fun too. Have a good day at the races.

Have a lovely day all. I'm hoping we all have a happy catch up at about 6pm! x
Thanks Anj , It was a fantastic day. My mate Ronnie knows just about everyone especially on the Liverpool music scene. I said to him "Have you heard of Edgar Jones ?" ( support to Jools Holland tonight) "Errr yes he's a mate of mine!"

In the wine bar we bumped into a friend of his who is a DJ and was on his way to do a set. He was hilarious regailing us with tales of local celebs including the story of how Pete Burns got his eye patch.

Fantastic day, a bit too much wine , couldn't do it very often nowadays!
Morning all, bit cloudy here. Hope the sun will be shining for us all later, both literally and figuratively. You may remember I was undecided about watching the game as we were supposed to be going to a Bands Day at a local pub as our friends’ group is playing. I have decided to watch the game. I‘m not sure whether our friend will understand as he‘s not a football fan and just doesn’t “get” it at all. My decision based on two things,
a) It may be (whisper it quietly) our last game in the Premiership
b) Mr G. is going to the pub and doesn’t want to be there with me checking the score every thirty seconds!
@jazzy hope you have a great time and @Ducans elbow it looks as though you already are.
Have a good day, all. 💙
Thanks Gwladys yes really looking forward to it , could be a perfect weekend if we stay up too.

Morning, hope you're all as optimistic as you can be for this horrible day ahead, roll on 6.30pm. Whatever happens this club needs cleansing of it's wasters and deadwood.

Nice walk with Daisy, apart from her eating Geese poo, don't like going through the park this time of year as she eats it, it's quite big for bird poo 🤮 yesterday it was rabbit droppings and grass, she is n stressful to walk at times having to fight her to stop eating poo or rolling in it, makes it hard to trust her off lead.

Suns out again, got some burgers for later some steak 1/4lbs I think.

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend, well Everton aside.

OK. I've had a read of that Blue. My head hurts now and it's nothing to do with a hangover.

Couple of questions. It looks like I will need to upload the Safeswitch app to my old phone and i don't have enough space on there to do that. hence the new phone. Also it says to use the wireless transfer. Does this need the phone system to work or the internet. If it's the former, then I don't get any reception at home so I'll need to wait until I'm in Falmouth where I get uninterrupted reception and there aren't any buses now until Tuesday. Plus I'm switching my existing SIM to the new phone. Won't I require SIMs in each phone to get a mobile reception or am I just being ultra thick.

Finally, from what I can see it talks about transferring data and contacts over but says nothing about apps. I have very little data on my phone and my contact list isn't extensive. It's the apps i want to switch over. If I have to upload these to the new phone anyway then it's a pointless exercise.

OK. I've had a read of that Blue. My head hurts now and it's nothing to do with a hangover.

Couple of questions. It looks like I will need to upload the Safeswitch app to my old phone and i don't have enough space on there to do that. hence the new phone. Also it says to use the wireless transfer. Does this need the phone system to work or the internet. If it's the former, then I don't get any reception at home so I'll need to wait until I'm in Falmouth where I get uninterrupted reception and there aren't any buses now until Tuesday. Plus I'm switching my existing SIM to the new phone. Won't I require SIMs in each phone to get a mobile reception or am I just being ultra thick.

Finally, from what I can see it talks about transferring data and contacts over but says nothing about apps. I have very little data on my phone and my contact list isn't extensive. It's the apps i want to switch over. If I have to upload these to the new phone anyway then it's a pointless exercise.
which network are you on Fred? If it's 02 or vodafone just take both phones to the appropriate shop in Falmouth and they will do it for you regardless of the fact that you haven't bought from there.

Morning, hope you're all as optimistic as you can be for this horrible day ahead, roll on 6.30pm. Whatever happens this club needs cleansing of it's wasters and deadwood.

Nice walk with Daisy, apart from her eating Geese poo, don't like going through the park this time of year as she eats it, it's quite big for bird poo 🤮 yesterday it was rabbit droppings and grass, she is n stressful to walk at times having to fight her to stop eating poo or rolling in it, makes it hard to trust her off lead.

Suns out again, got some burgers for later some steak 1/4lbs I think.

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend, well Everton aside.
Granddaughter’s miniature dachshund is an absolute nightmare to walk, she will eat absolutely anything, can’t take your eyes off her for a minute. One of the other dogs in the family eats cat’s poo, apparently dogs can’t resist the fishy taste. Enjoy your lunch, everyone. lol

Hi Fred Well I found it but didn't read the one I sent ,I have no intention of doing that today as I am in a tizz ,the wirless transfer is between the phones -Bluetooth or using your internet ,the apps I think will be stored in your google account somewhere but as I said my head is in a spin .I will get back on the phone tomorrow if you haven't sorted it -landline ! May be some kind soul will do it earlier .You might need to have your passwords handy as they sometimes have a time limit to enter .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back