Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Spent the time chatting with a pro golfer, and Sky comms lad, and 3 millionaires. Girlfriend of said golfer, (beautiful), just a lovely lovely evening. The millionaires are as a rough as me btw. No airs, no graces, just nice lads.
Nice one mate.

I have found that myself about local wealthy people- very down to Earth and if you didn’t already know then you wouldn’t guess it.

Belfast however. Different breed, a lot of pretence and show going on.

All about layers building to heat rather than removing your tastebuds with the first bite.

I hand on heart have never experienced that pee test. Mercifully.
Well if you ever get to visit me you may find out. 😀 Not sure on the cause tbh, but I think it has something to do with how hot the fresh chillies you use are.

Was having a chat to the guy from Cornish chillies today and he was telling me that each chilli type has their own "heat range" but that range is quite extensive and each chilli has its own characteristics. So it's very possible to find a mild or medium chilli to be hotter than a hot chilli. Scary.

Well if you ever get to visit me you may find out. 😀 Not sure on the cause tbh, but I think it has something to do with how hot the fresh chillies you use are.

Was having a chat to the guy from Cornish chillies today and he was telling me that each chilli type has their own "heat range" but that range is quite extensive and each chilli has its own characteristics. So it's very possible to find a mild or medium chilli to be hotter than a hot chilli. Scary.
Chillies are gifts from God.

I had to read that a couple of times. So basically you could pick a mild chilli but it’s from a genus of scary hot chillies so it really ain’t that mild? Right?

Spent the time chatting with a pro golfer, and Sky comms lad, and 3 millionaires. Girlfriend of said golfer, (beautiful), just a lovely lovely evening. The millionaires are as a rough as me btw. No airs, no graces, just nice lads.
In my experience people are nice or they aren't nice. Nothing to do with how rich they are. I'm sure somebody somewhere can come up with a correlation to suit their narrative, but its quite simple for me. Being nice is very easy and very common, and it has very little to do with wealth.

Same mate. I've never cooked a phaal or even seen a recipe if I'm honest. But we've tried it a few times in different places. In one we had to scrape the sauce off the meat to eat it.

I like hot food but it's the combination of flavours that make it. You know I've enjoyed a curry when the sweat is coming out of every orifice. But if you can't even eat it what's the point?

By the way. My personal test on how hot my food has been is whether I can pee without burning before I go to bed. When it stings, you know its been a hot one.😀
My test is how quickly I get the hiccups. We ordered a phaal once from a takeaway, mostly for a laugh. My lips were numb after one mouthful!

Chillies are gifts from God.

I had to read that a couple of times. So basically you could pick a mild chilli but it’s from a genus of scary hot chillies so it really ain’t that mild? Right?
Something like that yeah. Basically you can get 10 plants of the same variety and one is hotter than the others. Or even one plant where an individual chilli is hotter than the others.

Chilli roulette😀

Yesterday I bought a chilli jam from the local shop. This morning I spoke to the guy who actually produced it. I also tasted said jam which lived up to it's "hot" title. Looking forward to trying it with some meat and cheese platters throughout the summer.

I actually met and spoke to 5 different producers today whose product I can get through my local shop. I like that.

Yesterday I bought a chilli jam from the local shop. This morning I spoke to the guy who actually produced it. I also tasted said jam which lived up to it's "hot" title. Looking forward to trying it with some meat and cheese platters throughout the summer.

I actually met and spoke to 5 different producers today whose product I can get through my local shop. I like that.
The best shopping is local shopping. I don’t mind the price premium as long as it’s good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back