Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

That
Think Harold Wilson might have moved here in the end.

And if you get the chance of semi retirement Anj deffo go for it. Is it possible for you to take your pension then go back to work on a short term part time contract?
That's what I'm looking at. You can drop your hours but take your pension and use your pension to top up your pay up to what it was. You can also take a lump sum as wel. I'll have to make some enquiries.

That

That's what I'm looking at. You can drop your hours but take your pension and use your pension to top up your pay up to what it was. You can also take a lump sum as wel. I'll have to make some enquiries.
I applied for my British pension while I was in the UK, I did top up my NI contributions as I’ve been in Canada for 30 yrs it only cost me £163 for every year to buy back bit of a no brainer, I had 15 years in and bought another 15 back,

I suppose it all depends on how long you live to collect it, but I’m not going anywhere yet ( I hope)

Hi folks, it has been cloudy and overcast all day here. However the sun came out at about 5pm and it is now a lovely evening. Once again I have Isles of Scilly envy from Fred's pics. It just looks so lovely. Am I making this up or was it Harold Wilson's favourite holiday destination?
I took my car for a wash today - there's a hand wash place nearby, they do a great job. My car was a mess - I park under a tree and the car was covered in sticky pollen. It's now no longer sticky and I have a new free air freshener- all part of the service. I lead such an exciting life.

I've also been to Tesco for cat litter ( also truly rock and roll life style). As usual I did not leave just with cat litter - £35 later I left the shop. I did find in the reduced to clear section, a chicken vindaloo ready meal. I'm ging to have that tomorrow as an introduction to upping the heat level from Madras!

I suppose my biggest news is that I'm going back to work tomorrow. I feel ready for it but there is a little germ of an idea forming that I might look into partial retirement. I'll have to get some figures first before I do anything.

Enjoy your evening everybody x
My wife did that for three years before retiring ,if you can afford it it is a really good option .Me I was forced to retire with an injured shoulder and it took me 5 years to accept that it was OK not to earn the money going into the bank.Do it the earlier you retire the longer your life expectancy .

There’s not a damn thing anyone can say or do to unwind your hurt mate. I would give anything to roll back the time for you both to be together, but unfortunately we live in the present and it’s an impossible dream. You have your memories which hopefully you never lose and you have people who actually care about you. I’m afraid what we have is what we have but as always we have to face tomorrow and somehow get through it……
Well put and the best way to face life .

Morning all, after a couple of days of sunshine we are back to overcast and cloudy. @anjelikaferrett good luck on your return to work, will be thinking of you. I think you know I left work early due to an incident at work. Although it was forced on me I have never regretted it even though it meant living on one wage until Mr G. retired. I would have got my pension at sixty but the government moved the goalposts meaning I had to wait almost a further three years. I’m still annoyed about that! I was able to top up the final sum as I had spent over ten years childcare for my grandkids so could claim on their Mam’s NI contributions. Not working meant I was able to do this so something good came out of what was a deeply unpleasant experience.
Off into town later, the husband says he will treat me to coffee and a vegan sausage roll in Greggs, the silver tongued charmer. lol
Have a good day all.💙

Another beautiful day here. Got the early boat over to St Martins and just back now enjoying a pint on a breezy terrace in the shade.

St Martins is lovely. Had intended to spend most of my time sea bathing, but the beaches may look inviting but they aren't good swimming at low tide. Bit of a paddle was the best I could do but I have walked my little legs off.

A few pics of this beautiful island.
20230605_105410.webp20230605_110742.webp20230605_110959.webp

Stopped off for a quickie after getting off the boat and just arrived back 2 and a half hours later. The main reason for that is H. Not our H, but a guy I met a few days ago. He isn't Swedish and as far as I'm aware has no Viking heritage. In fact he was actually born in Trinidad, brought up in Manchester, is a lifelong Man U fan, and is the spit of Van Diesel. We got chatting about the match on Saturday and he bought another round. Then Dom came in. Dom is the guy I was sat next to on the boat back from St Martins. He is also the proprietor of the pub on St Martins where I enjoyed two pints of strong lager whilst waiting for the return boat and, unbeknown to me, also best mates with H. So Dom stands another round. You can see where this is going. Anyway, 6 pints of strong lager later I now have to decide where to go for tea tonight.

Also, I've discovered that my two new best mates Helen and Henry from bext door are actually called Debbie and Howard 😀 I must have been more pissed than I thought the other night.

Stopped off for a quickie after getting off the boat and just arrived back 2 and a half hours later. The main reason for that is H. Not our H, but a guy I met a few days ago. He isn't Swedish and as far as I'm aware has no Viking heritage. In fact he was actually born in Trinidad, brought up in Manchester, is a lifelong Man U fan, and is the spit of Van Diesel. We got chatting about the match on Saturday and he bought another round. Then Dom came in. Dom is the guy I was sat next to on the boat back from St Martins. He is also the proprietor of the pub on St Martins where I enjoyed two pints of strong lager whilst waiting for the return boat and, unbeknown to me, also best mates with H. So Dom stands another round. You can see where this is going. Anyway, 6 pints of strong lager later I now have to decide where to go for tea tonight.

Also, I've discovered that my two new best mates Helen and Henry from bext door are actually called Debbie and Howard 😀 I must have been more pissed than I thought the other night.
Love this. Your pics are gorgeous again.

Good morning everyone. Yet another sunny day here.
Getting up early to get the bus to Argostoli and the ferry to Lixouri. The headland has spectacular scenery and we will do a nice circular walk .
Tried to post some photos but all too big despite being re sized.
Can someone explain the MSP deal for me please. As reported £100-150 million pound loan to finish the stadium and in return they get interest, a 25% shareholding and 2 board seats. Sounds a ridiculously good deal for MSP.
If what's reported is correct they get interest, their money back and a quarter of the value of the club , which is only valued at £500/600 million including a new stadium that cost more than that alone. None of it makes sense.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back