Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I am always searching the net for soup recipes and I found this ,the description is a classic .

Honestly to-die-for soup. Romanians from Transylvania have a saying: 'asa'i de buna, ca-ti vine sa-ti bati copiii cu lantul ud, sa-i sui in pod si sa le furi scara' (so good, you feel like you want to tie up your kids, stick them in the attic, and steal the ladder). Not that the Transylvanians will do anything like that... Serve in bowls topped with extra sour cream.

I am always searching the net for soup recipes and I found this ,the description is a classic .

Honestly to-die-for soup. Romanians from Transylvania have a saying: 'asa'i de buna, ca-ti vine sa-ti bati copiii cu lantul ud, sa-i sui in pod si sa le furi scara' (so good, you feel like you want to tie up your kids, stick them in the attic, and steal the ladder). Not that the Transylvanians will do anything like that... Serve in bowls topped with extra sour cream.
Hope there's no garlic in it.😀

Hi folks, it has been cloudy and overcast all day here. However the sun came out at about 5pm and it is now a lovely evening. Once again I have Isles of Scilly envy from Fred's pics. It just looks so lovely. Am I making this up or was it Harold Wilson's favourite holiday destination?
I took my car for a wash today - there's a hand wash place nearby, they do a great job. My car was a mess - I park under a tree and the car was covered in sticky pollen. It's now no longer sticky and I have a new free air freshener- all part of the service. I lead such an exciting life.

I've also been to Tesco for cat litter ( also truly rock and roll life style). As usual I did not leave just with cat litter - £35 later I left the shop. I did find in the reduced to clear section, a chicken vindaloo ready meal. I'm ging to have that tomorrow as an introduction to upping the heat level from Madras!

I suppose my biggest news is that I'm going back to work tomorrow. I feel ready for it but there is a little germ of an idea forming that I might look into partial retirement. I'll have to get some figures first before I do anything.

Enjoy your evening everybody x

I might look into partial retirement. I'll have to get some figures first before I do anything.

As regular readers will recall, the last 3 years have dealt me some pretty crap cards. But after the dust settles, (nearly, but not quite), being semi/proper retired after looking out for Nik and then Mum, is pretty ace. The weather helps, obvs, but even so, if you can, financially, I would recommend it.

As regular readers will recall, the last 3 years have dealt me some pretty crap cards. But after the dust settles, (nearly, but not quite), being semi/proper retired after looking out for Nik and then Mum, is pretty ace. The weather helps, obvs, but even so, if you can, financially, I would recommend it.

When I took my wife to the pub for a meal on Bank Holiday Monday, I said to a couple of mates who were already eating I hope you are enjoying the bank holiday. Then I stopped and said ‘what am I saying, every day for us is a bank holiday’……..

When I took my wife to the pub for a meal on Bank Holiday Monday, I said to a couple of mates who were already eating I hope you are enjoying the bank holiday. Then I stopped and said ‘what am I saying, every day for us is a bank holiday’……..

You just have to check the shops opening times.

3rd world problems right there. I fully accept and acknowledge that I am extremely fortunate to have the life choice I have, and if I could wind the clock back 3 years, I would. In a heartbeat.

But I cannot. Maybe someone looks out for you. Who knows.

You just have to check the shops opening times.

3rd world problems right there. I fully accept and acknowledge that I am extremely fortunate to have the life choice I have, and if I could wind the clock back 3 years, I would. In a heartbeat.

But I cannot. Maybe someone looks out for you. Who knows.

There’s not a damn thing anyone can say or do to unwind your hurt mate. I would give anything to roll back the time for you both to be together, but unfortunately we live in the present and it’s an impossible dream. You have your memories which hopefully you never lose and you have people who actually care about you. I’m afraid what we have is what we have but as always we have to face tomorrow and somehow get through it……

Hi folks, it has been cloudy and overcast all day here. However the sun came out at about 5pm and it is now a lovely evening. Once again I have Isles of Scilly envy from Fred's pics. It just looks so lovely. Am I making this up or was it Harold Wilson's favourite holiday destination?
I took my car for a wash today - there's a hand wash place nearby, they do a great job. My car was a mess - I park under a tree and the car was covered in sticky pollen. It's now no longer sticky and I have a new free air freshener- all part of the service. I lead such an exciting life.

I've also been to Tesco for cat litter ( also truly rock and roll life style). As usual I did not leave just with cat litter - £35 later I left the shop. I did find in the reduced to clear section, a chicken vindaloo ready meal. I'm ging to have that tomorrow as an introduction to upping the heat level from Madras!

I suppose my biggest news is that I'm going back to work tomorrow. I feel ready for it but there is a little germ of an idea forming that I might look into partial retirement. I'll have to get some figures first before I do anything.

Enjoy your evening everybody x
Think Harold Wilson might have moved here in the end.

And if you get the chance of semi retirement Anj deffo go for it. Is it possible for you to take your pension then go back to work on a short term part time contract?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back