Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Love Steve's. I had a Saturday job in Littlewoods Food Hall. Mostly on the cheese counter. I did notice that on my way home on Merseyrail, still in my uniform, nobody would sit next to me. I must have stunk of cheese!
Steve’s, Chris’s or the Allerton Fish Bar are the staple chippies in the area: I wouldn’t go anywhere else unless you’re looking for Chinese etc.

That reminds me, the wife is out again tonight as are our girls, so I might get my son and I a chippy.

For those who know the Aigburth area, there's a chippy called Steve's - similarly, it's owned by Greek Cypriots (the Katous).

Anyway, there's a woman who has worked there for years: older, funny and quite glamorous. Saw her once in a shop around the corner and wow...

... the smell of grease. Made me think what it must be like coming home from places like that or the ol' greasy spoons.
Is that the one in the Vale. If so, it was doing kebabs when I was still at school 45 years ago.

Allerton Fish bar or the chippy on Lark Lane were our locals.

Yeah. Cal was always a sucker for a good wedding H. Wherever we were in the world, all plans were put on hold at the first sign of a wedding until Cal got her glimpse of the bride. How did you know?. I don't recall ever mentioning that in here.

And you're spot on about the anniversary too. Next Tuesday.
You mentioned it ages ago, it struck a chord with me because I also love a wedding. P. C. Goody’s line a”I love a wedding” has become a catchphrase in our family.

I should have added, ‘Women know everything’…certainly my wife used to……

Talking of whom…My wife was always an avid reader, our house having two rooms with floor to ceiling bookshelves all full of books. But she bought a kindle and loaded it with even more. However with her Alzheimer’s the kindle became more of a comfort blanket that she just carried around rather than a device for reading, which was always her great love. Anyway she has managed to lose it and we just cannot find it in the house so it’s probably in Tesco’s. But there is a positive from this, she has started to read her books again and tbh I’m absolutely chuffed…….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back