Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

What a night. We got home at 3:45 this morning. I've seen 32 junctions of the M6 in one night! I can confirm that the first sign of the dawn appears at 2.09 and the sunrise starts at 3.17. It's been a great weekend so far. Had a lovely meal out at a place called Le Mistral in Sherwood with son and his girlfriend. Son's girlfriend then sent us on our way to Birmingham with a late full English breakfast that would have fed an army! She's introduced us to Sainsburys garlicky sausages ( apparently that is their name) I now need them in my life.
And then came Bruce. 2 hours 55 minutes of awesomeness. No breaks, very little talking but so much interaction with the crowd. (side note: I know it isn't a high bar but Villa Park's ladies loos are the best I've ever used at a football ground.) Back to Bruce. It was surprisingly emotional. I actually cried when he came on stage and opened with No Surrender (if I don't opt for bag and burn when I snuff it that is one of my funeral choices🤣) It was an emotional event. There seemed to be an air of this is the last time. When he did talk it was reflective looking back. At one point he said something like when you are 15 everything is over the horizon and then suddenly there are so many yesterdays under the bridge.
I've said on here many times for me, songs are all about the lyrics. Possibly because my emotions are still a bit fragile, some of his songs really resonated. More tears. I'll See You In My Dreams and Letter To You especially. The E Street Band were as fabulous as ever. The crowd were unreal( it is like being in a cult🤣) and he sang The River. What more can a girl want! Here's some pics Bruce, Nils Lofgren and for Sopranos fans, Silvio Dante doing the day job!
View attachment 214264View attachment 214266View attachment 214267
Sounds like you had a great night. I know what you mean, I felt the emotion as soon as he came on in Edinburgh and with “ No surrender” it was just the perfect start - I‘m hoping to continue my running and marathon career right to the end, so for me it’ll obviously be Born to run when I go 😀. Delighted for you that he did The River .

Talking of whom…My wife was always an avid reader, our house having two rooms with floor to ceiling bookshelves all full of books. But she bought a kindle and loaded it with even more. However with her Alzheimer’s the kindle became more of a comfort blanket that she just carried around rather than a device for reading, which was always her great love. Anyway she has managed to lose it and we just cannot find it in the house so it’s probably in Tesco’s. But there is a positive from this, she has started to read her books again and tbh I’m absolutely chuffed…….
That's great. Obviously not great that she lost her Kindle but great that she has gone back to her books.

Indeed it is. Chris’s is on Rose Lane - ‘twas very good (a firm favourite) but closed for refurbishment just before covid, and took it her two years to reopen.
Yeah Chris's was probably the nearest but not one we frequented much. Think Cal had some soggy chips there once. Woman scorned and all that. lol

Bizarrely, I judge a chippy by the quality of their curry sauce. I was never keen on Chris's.

That's great. Obviously not great that she lost her Kindle but great that she has gone back to her books.

It really is. Obviously I could just buy her a new Kindle, but it wasn’t being used, just something to carry like her handbag. So I’m not going to replace it. I’m looking at her now and she’s reading. I really cannot tell you how happy I am for her…..

It never ends. They played Malta FFS! I think he's awful - can't defend at all.
He played midfield Anj, and if I take off my Everton hat for a second, he actually played quite well, albeit against poor opposition. Scored a very good goal and played a lovely pass that led to the first. But that's it. The reaction has ben well over the top. someone even said that Bellingham may struggle to get his place back in the team. lol

And why does everybody insist on calling him Trent. I don't know of any other footballer who is called by his first name. Really annoys me.

It never ends. They played Malta FFS! I think he's awful - can't defend at all.
He played midfield Anj, and if I take off my Everton hat for a second, he actually played quite well, albeit against poor opposition. Scored a very good goal and played a lovely pass that led to the first. But that's it. The reaction has ben well over the top. someone even said that Bellingham may struggle to get his place back in the team. lol

And why does everybody insist on calling him Trent. I don't know of any other footballer who is called by his first name. Really annoys me.

Talking of whom…My wife was always an avid reader, our house having two rooms with floor to ceiling bookshelves all full of books. But she bought a kindle and loaded it with even more. However with her Alzheimer’s the kindle became more of a comfort blanket that she just carried around rather than a device for reading, which was always her great love. Anyway she has managed to lose it and we just cannot find it in the house so it’s probably in Tesco’s. But there is a positive from this, she has started to read her books again and tbh I’m absolutely chuffed…….
So good that she has gone back to her books. I have tried ebooks but they can’t compare with holding a book and physically turning the pages and call me weird (it‘s been done before) but you can’t beat the smell of a new book.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back