Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Everything happens for a reason Pete.

My wife and son have just this second come back from Tesco. My son checked and the kindle had been handed in to lost property. My son and I have agreed to leave it ‘lost’ for a few days and see how it goes with the books. If she mentions it I’ll let her ‘find’ it, if not then it remains ‘lost’…no idea if this is the right thing to do or not but we’ll see……

My wife and son have just this second come back from Tesco. My son checked and the kindle had been handed in to lost property. My son and I have agreed to leave it ‘lost’ for a few days and see how it goes with the books. If she mentions it I’ll let her ‘find’ it, if not then it remains ‘lost’…no idea if this is the right thing to do or not but we’ll see……
Of course it is right ,you are coping brilliantly Pete.

Yes exactly the right thing.

It’s good that some decency still exists and someone handed the kindle in.

I think it’s right to let her enjoy her books Pete. The actual feel and smell of the pages is a much more rewarding emotion than using a kindle. But as you say if she requests it then you have it sorted already.

I've had a fairly pleasurable afternoon flicking between watching the Ashes and doing some odd jobs in the garden with TMS on. A shandy or two as well.

My wife is on here way out now for the evening, so I'll take my son to get our chippy tea before settling down for the evening to watch a film with him.
Have you picked a movie out yet Phil?

Planning on a movie soon myself, maybe the new Avatar one but open to suggestions.

Deffo the right thing to do mate. Now, this sounds horrid, but most likely she doesnt remember the Kindle now. And even if she does, she is happy and content reading her books. If one day she asks you for it, just get it from the drawer, and say "there you go".

You get some serious clog in CA, but you are an example to us all mate. And like a few in this thread, I have a lot of empathy with what you are facing/dealing with. Its love mate. Aint all about walks and flowers and cuddles.

My sister is in a Nursing home in Manchester with Alzheimer’s, I have POA for her. She lost her phone somewhere , it’s never been found , she’s not worried about it so I’ve neither replaced or cancelled it. She too takes to reading books which is good, well at least she tells me she is reading when I phone her, although usually she can’t recall the book she’s reading. I think you’re making the right calls, there’s no easy or black and white answers you just adapt to each situation.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back