Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

So good that she has gone back to her books. I have tried ebooks but they can’t compare with holding a book and physically turning the pages and call me weird (it‘s been done before) but you can’t beat the smell of a new book.

Same here. I do a cryptic crossword every day, and although they are on line, filling in a paper grid with a pen is just part of the ritual.

So good that she has gone back to her books. I have tried ebooks but they can’t compare with holding a book and physically turning the pages and call me weird (it‘s been done before) but you can’t beat the smell of a new book.
It is the preparing to turn the page not knowing for sure what is coming next .My wife is an avid reader and has just finished the last of the Lucinda Riley Seven Sister series and cried for the last 50 pages .It was the one her son finished for her after her death .

Afternoon all,

Had a great day at the North West Audio show. Heard loads of great systems but not many better than mine and those that were cost an awful lot of money , so very happy bunny.

Mrs J cooking curry tonight so cold Peroni will be the accompanying beveridge .

So pleased @anjelikaferrett that you've had a wonderful weekend . You deserve it after the last few weeks.

Test match very finely balanced , a couple more quick wickets and we can set up a win.

The Aussies are scoring so slowly that unless we make a crazy declaration I can't see them winning the game.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Talking of whom…My wife was always an avid reader, our house having two rooms with floor to ceiling bookshelves all full of books. But she bought a kindle and loaded it with even more. However with her Alzheimer’s the kindle became more of a comfort blanket that she just carried around rather than a device for reading, which was always her great love. Anyway she has managed to lose it and we just cannot find it in the house so it’s probably in Tesco’s. But there is a positive from this, she has started to read her books again and tbh I’m absolutely chuffed…….
Everything happens for a reason Pete.

Afternoon all,

Had a great day at the North West Audio show. Heard loads of great systems but not many better than mine and those that were cost an awful lot of money , so very happy bunny.

Mrs J cooking curry tonight so cold Peroni will be the accompanying beveridge .

So pleased @anjelikaferrett that you've had a wonderful weekend . You deserve it after the last few weeks.

Test match very finely balanced , a couple more quick wickets and we can set up a win.

The Aussies are scoring so slowly that unless we make a crazy declaration I can't see them winning the game.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
In fairness Jazz the Aussies are scoring at normal test rate. It just isn't how we play the game any more.

I honestly thought they may take us on at our game. I'm pretty sure most if their fans wont like this approach.

It was amazing. Absolutely at the top of his game. Two hours 55 minutes. Non stop. I don't know how he does it. He's 73!
Yeah I was surprised by that too. There is rain forecast next week so you could be right.
Saw him in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago, absolutely amazing! 3 hours on the dot, unbelievable at his age!
and we were really lucky, we were staying at the same hotel as the band and got to meet them, pics with Stevie van Zandt, Max Weinberg, Jake Clemens, but we missed Bruce by 5 mins!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back