Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. The last few pages of this thread have been a joy - reading books, chippy teas with a 6 year old, mojitos with your BFF, new computer games, beautiful sunsets. It really is the simple things in life that make us most happy.
The non stop party weekend continued yesterday by celebrating a friend's 50th birthday. She is a former work colleague and union rep and total bad influence on me (but that could work both ways🤣) Her husband was also a work colleague - huge Springsteen and Bowie fan. Come round for a few drinks at about 3 they said. Mr F and I had a conversation which roughly said we would be sensible because of our previous very late night; we'll come home at about 9. You can guess the rest. We staggered home at 1am. I rediscovered my love for bacardi and coke🤣. It was a fun night - again simple things: a night spent with good friends.
I am impressed with my stamina this weekend. There's life in the old dog yet!

I saw my parents today, my dad say the occasion got the better of him and he welled up with Bruce came out lol

He said this is the best time he has seen him, out of 3

I love this thread and am so sad I didn’t participate right from the beginning. It’s just like being with friends who you can open up with……
This place is better for people like you so I think we are as grateful as you .
There is something special about giving , although I don't believe there are things in any religious scriptures that we should all strive for and giving is one .Giving whatever makes us feel good ,time ,gifts ,strength ,knowledge the list is endless as is the pleasure of giving .

I love this thread and am so sad I didn’t participate right from the beginning. It’s just like being with friends who you can open up with……
Wish I could give it more than just a "like" Pete.
We may not agree politically but I very much regard you as a friend.
That's what this thread has achieved, that a 62 year old technophobe can regard someone he's never met as a mate.
Well done Karl

Just had a one hour conversation with my lad in America, Father’s Day call. We never really spoke that often tbh but it turned out to be quite an emotional call. Talking about my wife and so on. My other kids have a well used WhatsApp group with me for info pictures of babies and grandchildren etc and he’s finally decided to join in. Sometimes good things come out of unfortunate events……

Just had a one hour conversation with my lad in America, Father’s Day call. We never really spoke that often tbh but it turned out to be quite an emotional call. Talking about my wife and so on. My other kids have a well used WhatsApp group with me for info pictures of babies and grandchildren etc and he’s finally decided to join in. Sometimes good things come out of unfortunate events……

Bloody hell, WhatsApp has just gone into overdrive…I’m made up……

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back