Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Glad that KP agrees win me! I can't even watch Smith continue to walk across his stumps and knock the ball away on the onside so turned it off.
That ended better than I thought. I can't see the point however of having four bowlers who are essentially the same pace. If they had wanted an all seam attack I would have picked Wood for his extra pace.

School fete went very well. To my surprise I won the raffle and my choice of prize, I was about to take a bottle of clementine flavoured gin for my daughter when she rushed forward and whispered in my ear to pick something else. It turned out she had donated it. It was a Christmas present from the in laws who were standing with her. Apparently they are under the impression Rach likes it and have bought her a bottle for the last three years. lol

That ended better than I thought. I can't see the point however of having four bowlers who are essentially the same pace. If they had wanted an all seam attack I would have picked Wood for his extra pace.
Stokes said MW can't play 5 days of cricket. Wonder why he didn't say the same about himself. Seems he can just about bowl 5 overs with 5 no balls

Good morning all on this once again fine sunny day here in Hyvinkää. What a font of knowledge masquarades on here as Everton fans .One of the small joys on here is the genuine help and advice that comes from an off chance remark .I too think you would be a shoehorn in for the post @Gwladysover over you have given such good help on here to ones in need . A mention too for the others giving excellent comment on the idea .
I hope all had a good night and wake to a beautiful day COYB.

I have a one o'clock appointment on facebook with my son who suffers from ADD ,he left his home and family just before I visited @Barnfred 55 and I have been trying to contact him since even before that , hopefully we have a chat today as I don't know where he is ,he might be in Liverpool or as was the case when he left at a friends but hopefully he is back home with his wife and three kids .
Wishing you and your son the best on your phone call! I'll pray for both of you.

Thank you all for the kind words and good wishes!!! I appreciate it very much! 💙

I've been pinging trying to get things done, but I just keep on keeping on lol My son said he is looking forward to having the house to himself once I start work, but my pets are going to have a big adjustment. All they have known is me being home all day, but my son will still be home so it should be ok.

We've had a much cooler summer here so far, but the heat is showing up this weekend. It's going to be 43-45C.

Hope everyone has a good night and a good morning!

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all had a good night and have an even better day today .
I had a one hour chat with my son .He is still in Liverpool with his mum but doing much better the main reason is that he is finally getting counselling and is in the middle of an amount of sessions . He said the trigger was a spate of unfortunate events some self inflicted ,some not and he had listed 14 to show the counsellor .
I tried to explain that if he could check some off his list before he goes back it might be best ,a few of the problems were cars they have three one of which is a cult Toyota camper based on the litace van .When I went the engine had blown up and it was falling apart .so I suggested may be that could be towed away for scrap before he had to face it walking up the drive ,apparently it has a radio "not available now since the rare metal shortages caused by covid " as in cases like this there always seems to be a reason to procrastinate .
This is a avoided by doing a tick list and not crossing it off until it IS done but it is not me and I have to live with that .
Overall it seems he is really missing the kids and is ready to return after these sessions are finished ,when I ask could it be permanent he honestly said I don't know I have to try .
He is considering moving the furniture around to make it seem like a different place ,this is because he has never liked the house and to be fair it was a little cramped compared to the house he grew up in ,who knows were it will go next but he is definitely in a better place and talking so one step at a time .
Thanks for all the kind words as it seems they worked .COYB

Morning everyone,

Up with the larks today and did a good 90 minutes moving compost into the new jungle.

Just having a cup of tea before I head off for my yoga session.

Unfortunately Mrs J has been let down in to Rescue shop so I'm being brought off the subs bench to serve in the shop this afternoon and then shoot back to cut the grass as it's nice and dry today and looking very wet tomorrow.

So, it's a busy old day and fortunately ( given that England are getting battered) I probably won't get to watch too much cricket today.

Ah well at least Mrs J has promised me veg chow mein and chips for my tea as a reward for my labours!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all had a good night and have an even better day today .
I had a one hour chat with my son .He is still in Liverpool with his mum but doing much better the main reason is that he is finally getting counselling and is in the middle of an amount of sessions . He said the trigger was a spate of unfortunate events some self inflicted ,some not and he had listed 14 to show the counsellor .
I tried to explain that if he could check some off his list before he goes back it might be best ,a few of the problems were cars they have three one of which is a cult Toyota camper based on the litace van .When I went the engine had blown up and it was falling apart .so I suggested may be that could be towed away for scrap before he had to face it walking up the drive ,apparently it has a radio "not available now since the rare metal shortages caused by covid " as in cases like this there always seems to be a reason to procrastinate .
This is a avoided by doing a tick list and not crossing it off until it IS done but it is not me and I have to live with that .
Overall it seems he is really missing the kids and is ready to return after these sessions are finished ,when I ask could it be permanent he honestly said I don't know I have to try .
He is considering moving the furniture around to make it seem like a different place ,this is because he has never liked the house and to be fair it was a little cramped compared to the house he grew up in ,who knows were it will go next but he is definitely in a better place and talking so one step at a time .
Reading your post made me a bit sad Blue at the challenges that your son faces and I so hope that he can overcome them.

It must be difficult for your being so far away and wanting to help .

Good luck to you and him.

Thank you all for the kind words and good wishes!!! I appreciate it very much! 💙

I've been pinging trying to get things done, but I just keep on keeping on lol My son said he is looking forward to having the house to himself once I start work, but my pets are going to have a big adjustment. All they have known is me being home all day, but my son will still be home so it should be ok.

We've had a much cooler summer here so far, but the heat is showing up this weekend. It's going to be 43-45C.

Hope everyone has a good night and a good morning!
How in earth do you cope with that heat?

I appreciate that your house and all buildings will be air-conditioned but what about when you leave ?

Frightening.

We never stop worrying about our kids , no matter what age they are. All we can do is do what you are doing , be there for them , offer advice and help as it’s appropriate and hope they make the right choices.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back