Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all had a good night and have an even better day today .
I had a one hour chat with my son .He is still in Liverpool with his mum but doing much better the main reason is that he is finally getting counselling and is in the middle of an amount of sessions . He said the trigger was a spate of unfortunate events some self inflicted ,some not and he had listed 14 to show the counsellor .
I tried to explain that if he could check some off his list before he goes back it might be best ,a few of the problems were cars they have three one of which is a cult Toyota camper based on the litace van .When I went the engine had blown up and it was falling apart .so I suggested may be that could be towed away for scrap before he had to face it walking up the drive ,apparently it has a radio "not available now since the rare metal shortages caused by covid " as in cases like this there always seems to be a reason to procrastinate .
This is a avoided by doing a tick list and not crossing it off until it IS done but it is not me and I have to live with that .
Overall it seems he is really missing the kids and is ready to return after these sessions are finished ,when I ask could it be permanent he honestly said I don't know I have to try .
He is considering moving the furniture around to make it seem like a different place ,this is because he has never liked the house and to be fair it was a little cramped compared to the house he grew up in ,who knows were it will go next but he is definitely in a better place and talking so one step at a time .
Thanks for all the kind words as it seems they worked .COYB
That seems like positive strides for your son personally blue and also in respect of re-establishing your bond. I think you both could benefit from another couple of chats like that.

I can't believe a massive black cloud has just appeared over my house. Every weather site I know is still saying wall to wall suns. I hate weather forecasters.

Still having my barbie though. And just about to pour my second fig cocktail.

Chicken drumsticks are half cooked and I'm going to marinade them now in 5 spice powder. Never tried that before. Yhe sausages are getting the cajyn treatment and Im having it with veg rice and tomato and onion salad. Just hope it doesn't rain.

Cheers everyone.

I can't believe a massive black cloud has just appeared over my house. Every weather site I know is still saying wall to wall suns. I hate weather forecasters.

Still having my barbie though. And just about to pour my second fig cocktail.

Chicken drumsticks are half cooked and I'm going to marinade them now in 5 spice powder. Never tried that before. Yhe sausages are getting the cajyn treatment and Im having it with veg rice and tomato and onion salad. Just hope it doesn't rain.

Cheers everyone.
Hope it stayed fine. Just the veg rice and salad for me, thanks. ;)

Hi All!

Ok, sorry for those that like it, but I don't like the collar on the new kit. I haven't seen any team's kit with a collar that I've liked so my hate is universal lol

Most summer weeks here tend to have days in temps from 37-42C, but we always get 1-2 weeks usually when it is 43-49C!! I say after it hits 43C or higher, its just DAM HOT!!! You know, Hoover Dam! Do you see what I did there?? ;)

@jazzy Yes, it is hot walking to and from the car when running errands, etc. People will use an umbrella sometimes for long walking distances. I keep one in my truck just in case.

ANY metal in the car, for example, seat belt buckles, etc. will burn your fingers because inside the car its probable over 93C!! We have a saying here in the US..."it's hot enough to fry an egg on your car!" lol I keep a towel in the car in case I need to use it to buckle my seat belt or sometimes use the steering wheel.

SO, whenever one of you posts about rain or cool conditions, it's like I can vicariously enjoy the weather with you! :)

Hi All!

Ok, sorry for those that like it, but I don't like the collar on the new kit. I haven't seen any team's kit with a collar that I've liked so my hate is universal lol

Most summer weeks here tend to have days in temps from 37-42C, but we always get 1-2 weeks usually when it is 43-49C!! I say after it hits 43C or higher, its just DAM HOT!!! You know, Hoover Dam! Do you see what I did there?? ;)

@jazzy Yes, it is hot walking to and from the car when running errands, etc. People will use an umbrella sometimes for long walking distances. I keep one in my truck just in case.

ANY metal in the car, for example, seat belt buckles, etc. will burn your fingers because inside the car its probable over 93C!! We have a saying here in the US..."it's hot enough to fry an egg on your car!" lol I keep a towel in the car in case I need to use it to buckle my seat belt or sometimes use the steering wheel.

SO, whenever one of you posts about rain or cool conditions, it's like I can vicariously enjoy the weather with you! :)
Wow! My son and I went to watch a cricket match last year and it hit 39C. we nearly melted. I can't imagine adding another 10 degrees onto that. I hadn't really thought about the impact of that extreme heat on things like seat belt buckles.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back