Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all, after some welcome steady overnight rain there is now a clear blue sky. Someone left the tap open on one of the water butts so we only have one full instead of two. The person concerned said it was no big deal, these things happen. If I’d done it I wouldn’t hear the end of it, just saying lol.
So pleased that you were able to have a chat with your son @blue1948, he certainly has some challenges to face but he is getting counselling and recognises the triggers so that must be encouraging. I wish him all the best and you too, it must be hard being so far away.
@Vegas Toffee Girl , those temperatures , phew!🥵
@jazzy good luck in the shop this afternoon. Sure you will be a super sub.
Mr G. I out today. He’s helping a mate with some painting and decorating for a couple of days. I’m off to see my brother this afternoon, no football at the moment but I don’t suppose that will stop him finding something Everton related to fume over.
Have a good day all, 💙.
P. S. I may be on my own here but I quite like the new shirt.

Good morning all. Hope you are all OK. @blue1948 Im so happy you had a good chat with your son and Im sure he appreciates your support. As a parent with adult children you still want to protect them like you did when they were little but the best you can do is offer advice, listen and be supportive.

Enjoy the shop @jazzy and the chow mein. Hopefully England have a better day today.

I like the new shirt too @Gwladysover. I like the Goodison detail on the collar.

Oh my goodness @Vegas Toffee Girl that's hot!!
Did any of you watch the programme on Sky after the cricket- all about leadership? Fascinating stuff. I skipped over the bits with Klopp in and wasn't sure Dave Brailsford was a suitable person to be on given all the allegations around British cycling but the rest was so good. I'm considering suggesting that it is mandatory training for our senior managers 🤣

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all had a good night and have an even better day today .
I had a one hour chat with my son .He is still in Liverpool with his mum but doing much better the main reason is that he is finally getting counselling and is in the middle of an amount of sessions . He said the trigger was a spate of unfortunate events some self inflicted ,some not and he had listed 14 to show the counsellor .
I tried to explain that if he could check some off his list before he goes back it might be best ,a few of the problems were cars they have three one of which is a cult Toyota camper based on the litace van .When I went the engine had blown up and it was falling apart .so I suggested may be that could be towed away for scrap before he had to face it walking up the drive ,apparently it has a radio "not available now since the rare metal shortages caused by covid " as in cases like this there always seems to be a reason to procrastinate .
This is a avoided by doing a tick list and not crossing it off until it IS done but it is not me and I have to live with that .
Overall it seems he is really missing the kids and is ready to return after these sessions are finished ,when I ask could it be permanent he honestly said I don't know I have to try .
He is considering moving the furniture around to make it seem like a different place ,this is because he has never liked the house and to be fair it was a little cramped compared to the house he grew up in ,who knows were it will go next but he is definitely in a better place and talking so one step at a time .
Thanks for all the kind words as it seems they worked .COYB
Glad you managed to have a meaningful conversation with Matt. At least it's a start and a big improvement on where you were in the Spring. Have you managed to speak to your DIL. How's she coping with the 3 little ones?

Morning all. Bit nicer down here today after a few muggy days. No rain though. Forecast is for bright and sunny this afternoon so I've taken a few bits out of the freezer to have a barbie later. Have some italian meats and cheeses for lunch so will hopefully be able to have that sat outside with a nice glass of rose wine. Been a busy boy this morning (not as busy as Jazzy obviously who had completed twice as much as me before i even got out of bed). I've spent about an hour and a half in the garden. Tidied up Cal's wild flower patch, which I had to do before I could even attempt to mow the wild flower lawn. I'm pretty sure Cal would be quite proud of her wild flower patch (weeds) as she loves nature. So do I, but I just prefer the nature to be somewhere other than my very small garden lol

Also done a big wash before my trip up to Edinburgh/Liverpool and also some housework. So that's me buggered. May have a sit out in my newly tidied garden this afternoon before the much needed rain hits later in the week. Trip to Falmouth planned for tomorrow for a pre-holiday haircut.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning all on this fine day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all had a good night and have an even better day today .
I had a one hour chat with my son .He is still in Liverpool with his mum but doing much better the main reason is that he is finally getting counselling and is in the middle of an amount of sessions . He said the trigger was a spate of unfortunate events some self inflicted ,some not and he had listed 14 to show the counsellor .
I tried to explain that if he could check some off his list before he goes back it might be best ,a few of the problems were cars they have three one of which is a cult Toyota camper based on the litace van .When I went the engine had blown up and it was falling apart .so I suggested may be that could be towed away for scrap before he had to face it walking up the drive ,apparently it has a radio "not available now since the rare metal shortages caused by covid " as in cases like this there always seems to be a reason to procrastinate .
This is a avoided by doing a tick list and not crossing it off until it IS done but it is not me and I have to live with that .
Overall it seems he is really missing the kids and is ready to return after these sessions are finished ,when I ask could it be permanent he honestly said I don't know I have to try .
He is considering moving the furniture around to make it seem like a different place ,this is because he has never liked the house and to be fair it was a little cramped compared to the house he grew up in ,who knows were it will go next but he is definitely in a better place and talking so one step at a time .
Thanks for all the kind words as it seems they worked .COYB

As everyone on here has said, our hearts go out to you, your son and your family. First step accomplished…..

Glad you managed to have a meaningful conversation with Matt. At least it's a start and a big improvement on where you were in the Spring. Have you managed to speak to your DIL. How's she coping with the 3 little ones?
Yes Fred I mail her about fortnightly but I have been afraid of upsetting Matt .He did say it was fine but that is when he is fine so I will tread carefully ,she sent me a load of photos few weeks ago at some Cornish celebration ,as you know there are a few of them in the summer and I am not talking of the burnings at the stake private ones ;-)
The eldest Maya asked Matt outright "Will you ever come back home ? " I don't know how he felt but I welled up listening .She is very bright and Emily said she is a daddy's girl ,it must be hard for her at such an impressionable age -"Give me a boy until he is seven" came to mind .
I will though contact Em to tell her about the conversation.

Morning all. Bit nicer down here today after a few muggy days. No rain though. Forecast is for bright and sunny this afternoon so I've taken a few bits out of the freezer to have a barbie later. Have some italian meats and cheeses for lunch so will hopefully be able to have that sat outside with a nice glass of rose wine. Been a busy boy this morning (not as busy as Jazzy obviously who had completed twice as much as me before i even got out of bed). I've spent about an hour and a half in the garden. Tidied up Cal's wild flower patch, which I had to do before I could even attempt to mow the wild flower lawn. I'm pretty sure Cal would be quite proud of her wild flower patch (weeds) as she loves nature. So do I, but I just prefer the nature to be somewhere other than my very small garden lol

Also done a big wash before my trip up to Edinburgh/Liverpool and also some housework. So that's me buggered. May have a sit out in my newly tidied garden this afternoon before the much needed rain hits later in the week. Trip to Falmouth planned for tomorrow for a pre-holiday haircut.

Hope you all have a great day.
I bet you still haven't barbied a red pepper ! Alas I cast my culinary knowledge on stony ground .

Yes Fred I mail her about fortnightly but I have been afraid of upsetting Matt .He did say it was fine but that is when he is fine so I will tread carefully ,she sent me a load of photos few weeks ago at some Cornish celebration ,as you know there are a few of them in the summer and I am not talking of the burnings at the stake private ones ;-)
The eldest Maya asked Matt outright "Will you ever come back home ? " I don't know how he felt but I welled up listening .She is very bright and Emily said she is a daddy's girl ,it must be hard for her at such an impressionable age -"Give me a boy until he is seven" came to mind .
I will though contact Em to tell her about the conversation.
I do hope you weren't referring to my BBQ skills when talking about burning steaks😀

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a good day! I have some great news! I was just hired for a job last week! A few of you know I have been not working for a while, and being a stay at a home Mom. The job offer showed up out of the blue. I had been praying a lot about getting one. And last week, I had a feeling I was going to get a job offer, and Wednesday it happened!! I've been saying many thank you prayers to God for that! It's basically the perfect job for me and has everything I wanted, so I feel blessed.

I don't know when I start, but they said next month or August at the latest. Now, I'm crazy busy playing catch up from earlier this year AND getting ready for the job, BUT I'm not complaining! lol
Well done with the job. You will be a real asset to them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back