Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this temperate day here in Finland a mere 32° yesterday ,I am glad poor old @Vegas Toffee Girl doesn't have to be here ,she would need a coat .
I hope all slept well and have a great day . Nice to see Seamus has signed on for another year he is much more than a left back for us ,I am pretty sure that he will move onto the management side .COYB

Good morning all on this temperate day here in Finland a mere 32° yesterday ,I am glad poor old @Vegas Toffee Girl doesn't have to be here ,she would need a coat .
I hope all slept well and have a great day . Nice to see Seamus has signed on for another year he is much more than a left back for us ,I am pretty sure that he will move onto the management side .COYB
Morning blue
You're right about Seamus, he is much more than a left back , errr he plays right back! lol

Morning my pedigree chums,

What a day yesterday! Started at 7am with an hour and and a halfs compost moving, yoga session, went to Formby to man the Rescue shop and managed to wreck the card machine, back in time to see England lose 3 wickets in 60 minutes and then cut the grass finishing at 7.30 pm.

Raining today so will knock off mum's housework and then do ours this am before settling down to watch the cricket at 11. Let's hope that I'm not a Jonas again!

The lack of activity at Goodison continues to be a worry but sadly no longer a surprise. More of the same next season. Just try to scrape enough points to stay up. What a fall from grace and a terribly sad situation for a great club and institution.

Ah well , have a lovely day y'all and don't fry VTG.

Hello guys.

Feeling a bit run down this week and not sure why. I've been in the Everton forum a bit but mostly just staring blankly at the screen. I did my shopping online yesterday, I thought prices were coming down, I don't see that yet.

Something absolutely stinks at the minute, this scrutiny we are under. Other teams spending £100ms on one player a lot of clubs bidding north of £45m which is our record signing. yet we are the only ones with such restraints.

This league is going to implode before long, there are 14 teams now who are "just making up the numbers". Even the cups are becoming monopolised by the few. I just don't see the point anymore. Maybe that's why I'm feeling meh all the time, nothing to look forward too.

Enjoy your friday everyone, enjoy the cricket those who like that sport and catch you all soon.

I'm ranting again aren't I...And breathe...

Hi All!

Ok, sorry for those that like it, but I don't like the collar on the new kit. I haven't seen any team's kit with a collar that I've liked so my hate is universal lol

Most summer weeks here tend to have days in temps from 37-42C, but we always get 1-2 weeks usually when it is 43-49C!! I say after it hits 43C or higher, its just DAM HOT!!! You know, Hoover Dam! Do you see what I did there?? ;)

@jazzy Yes, it is hot walking to and from the car when running errands, etc. People will use an umbrella sometimes for long walking distances. I keep one in my truck just in case.

ANY metal in the car, for example, seat belt buckles, etc. will burn your fingers because inside the car its probable over 93C!! We have a saying here in the US..."it's hot enough to fry an egg on your car!" lol I keep a towel in the car in case I need to use it to buckle my seat belt or sometimes use the steering wheel.

SO, whenever one of you posts about rain or cool conditions, it's like I can vicariously enjoy the weather with you! :)
You would love it here this morning VTG! A pleasant 15 degrees with very light cool rain. Actually was pleasant to walk in earlier, cleansing for the soul vibes abundant.

Hello guys.

Feeling a bit run down this week and not sure why. I've been in the Everton forum a bit but mostly just staring blankly at the screen. I did my shopping online yesterday, I thought prices were coming down, I don't see that yet.

Something absolutely stinks at the minute, this scrutiny we are under. Other teams spending £100ms on one player a lot of clubs bidding north of £45m which is our record signing. yet we are the only ones with such restraints.

This league is going to implode before long, there are 14 teams now who are "just making up the numbers". Even the cups are becoming monopolised by the few. I just don't see the point anymore. Maybe that's why I'm feeling meh all the time, nothing to look forward too.

Enjoy your friday everyone, enjoy the cricket those who like that sport and catch you all soon.

Not ranting at all T. Football as we knew it is over and now the Premier League is an obscenely rich man’s cartel.

Success this year for Everton would be mid table obscurity all season and I would kill for that. Please footballing God’s give us a ‘boring’ season and no stress.

*I can’t be bothered with cricket either mate.

Morning all, temperature has dropped it’s 16 degrees here at the moment with quite a breeze blowing, which would make a welcome change for you @Vegas Toffee Girl . @Terrarian totally agree with you about football, it’s no longer the game I fell in love with. As for the Saudi league, I wonder if a certain club will be taking players from there on loan because as I understand it there are no restrictions on loan players from abroad.
I’m off trainspotting soon. Flying Scotsman is calling at Peterborough.
Have a good day, all.💙

Hello guys.

I fully understand the football lark comments, but put it all aside, forget the players, board and manager, ffp and all the rest. Go into the Everton Forum and just look at the videos and pictures of our new stadium, that’ll cheer you up, well it does for me….have a great day and for gods sake start buying instant coffee…….

Good morning all. The cricket is not going well, Everton have not signed anybody and it's 16 degrees and cloudy. Not the best Friday morning ever had. However on the positive side, the Tour de France starts tomorrow, not that interested in the cycling but the scenery is stunning. I'd love to explore France but I'm too scared to drive on the other side of the road! I did it when we were in LA a few years ago. It took years off my life. Never ever again. In an automatic as well. I, and my passengers, were nervous wrecks.🤣
I've promised to take Mr F to the pictures to see the new Indiana Jones film. It has as much appeal to me as sticking red hot needles in your eyes but he loves a bit of Indy. Sometimes I think I accidentally married a very tall 8 year old.🤣🤣He has chosen next Friday as his preferred date. In the meantime I'm out in Durham tomorrow with the girlies ( all current or past union reps) for the continuing celebrations of our friend's 50th.

Good morning all. The cricket is not going well, Everton have not signed anybody and it's 16 degrees and cloudy. Not the best Friday morning ever had. However on the positive side, the Tour de France starts tomorrow, not that interested in the cycling but the scenery is stunning. I'd love to explore France but I'm too scared to drive on the other side of the road! I did it when we were in LA a few years ago. It took years off my life. Never ever again. In an automatic as well. I, and my passengers, were nervous wrecks.🤣
I've promised to take Mr F to the pictures to see the new Indiana Jones film. It has as much appeal to me as sticking red hot needles in your eyes but he loves a bit of Indy. Sometimes I think I accidentally married a very tall 8 year old.🤣🤣He has chosen next Friday as his preferred date. In the meantime I'm out in Durham tomorrow with the girlies ( all current or past union reps) for the continuing celebrations of our friend's 50th.

Sounds like a lot of fun Anj. I’m not really into cricket as I can’t be bothered being depressed about two sports. Enjoy Indy next week and enjoy the night out with the girls (don’t get drunk)….

I fully understand the football lark comments, but put it all aside, forget the players, board and manager, ffp and all the rest. Go into the Everton Forum and just look at the videos and pictures of our new stadium, that’ll cheer you up, well it does for me….have a great day and for gods sake start buying instant coffee…….
I will be buying instant this month but that stuff needed drinking. Stadium looks great I have been watching.

Well that was a waste of a morning. Bloody hell - as Pete said in The Ashes thread Everton AND England , why do we do it to ourselves !

Yeah looking forward to the Tour tomorrow particularly as one stage is about 25 km from my old house I think. Only problem is no one going to get close to Pojcar ( sic) .

The new Indiana film looks good and I loved Phoebe Waller- Something else in Fleabag so I'm sure she will be great.

Enjoy your day/ night out tomorrow - don't stay sober for too long !

Well that was a waste of a morning. Bloody hell - as Pete said in The Ashes thread Everton AND England , why do we do it to ourselves !

Yeah looking forward to the Tour tomorrow particularly as one stage is about 25 km from my old house I think. Only problem is no one going to get close to Pojcar ( sic) .

The new Indiana film looks good and I loved Phoebe Waller- Something else in Fleabag so I'm sure she will be great.

Enjoy your day/ night out tomorrow - don't stay sober for too long !
That's really cool. Which stage? I'll look out for your house. 🤣 It starts in Bilbao tomorrow and moves on to San Sebastian the day after. We visited both of them last year so looking forward to seeing them again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back