Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hope you feel better soon. These waiting lists are beyond a joke. I am 6months into a 6-8 week wait for a follow up appointment for my double vision. Two years Overdue for eye check at optician. I realise I can’t have new glasses until double vision is sorted but it would be good to get the health of my eyes checked. Optician won’t do it without the hospital giving permission. I rang the eye clinic on Monday to ask for the go ahead but had to leave a messages as there wasn’t anyone to answer the phone, hoping they will ring back soon. Who knows.🤷‍♀️.
Absolutely ridiculous it is. I've got an eye test next week but I am going to take the prescription home and buy my glasses on one of those cheaper sites like glassesdirect.com save a few quid. Don't really need new ones really. Fingers crossed you get a reply soon and can go ahead with yours.

Hope you feel better soon. These waiting lists are beyond a joke. I am 6months into a 6-8 week wait for a follow up appointment for my double vision. Two years Overdue for eye check at optician. I realise I can’t have new glasses until double vision is sorted but it would be good to get the health of my eyes checked. Optician won’t do it without the hospital giving permission. I rang the eye clinic on Monday to ask for the go ahead but had to leave a messages as there wasn’t anyone to answer the phone, hoping they will ring back soon. Who knows.🤷‍♀️.
That’s frustrating regarding the hospital. The eye examination I get at Specsavers , other companies available, is very good and free in Scotland. I paid £10 extra for a special look at the back of the eye, like a mapping image , and they explained the results to me. Last year they picked up Mrs blueloon’s potential for having acute angle-closure glaucoma , referred her to the NHS consultant and it was fixed within weeks. I’d certainly push to get things moving for your eye examination, it goes without me saying how important they are, good luck with it.

Specsavers here do an eye test for free every two years ,check if they do it in the UK.
Edit ,Oops .

Evening all. Just got home from my afternoon out
Been our since 1pm.
.OMG! It was like hey guys we've got the band back together. The lady union reps can still drink for England!! I've no idea how I'm going to do overtime tomorrow. So much fun though. I need to remember that I am no longer 20 and vodka. prosecco, cocktails, beer and shots are best left to the youngsters! I've also got a massive case of the munchies so have just ordered Chinese. Happy days! 🤣 Hope you all had a great day.

Evening all. Just got home from my afternoon out
Been our since 1pm.
.OMG! It was like hey guys we've got the band back together. The lady union reps can still drink for England!! I've no idea how I'm going to do overtime tomorrow. So much fun though. I need to remember that I am no longer 20 and vodka. prosecco, cocktails, beer and shots are best left to the youngsters! I've also got a massive case of the munchies so have just ordered Chinese. Happy days! 🤣 Hope you all had a great day.
Us oldies can still do it Anj. Just takes us a bit longer to recover 😀

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back