Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Disappointing to read that the Current Affairs forum is being closed down.

I personally always learned something from it and it was a great place to keep yourself up to date. Sad times.
I rarely go in it. It's the only place that has ever made me want to leave GOT as a whole. Specifically around the time Sarah Everard was murdered. Some of the comments....

I haven't been in there since Cal passed. Too much aggro for me.

Why is it being closed down?

Just read the last few pages of the Immigration thread. Tolerance of individuals or differing views seems to have gone out of the window. “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”…Probably a good idea to close it down for a while and have a reset……

Just read the last few pages of the Immigration thread. Tolerance of individuals or differing views seems to have gone out of the window. “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”…Probably a good idea to close it down for a while and have a reset……
Yeah but how are you going to get your winding up the lefties entertainment now Pete? I can't see their being many thrill of the chase moments for you in the gardening or let's see your fridge threads 🤣🤣🤣

I can’t see many of the offensive ones daring to utter those comments to anyone’s face in the real world.

Reset is a much nicer way to look at it than a closure- nice one Pete.

I can’t see many of the offensive ones daring to utter those comments to anyone’s face in the real world.

That's the problem with anonymity in general. Keyboard warriors who say all kinds of stuff they would never dare to say to somebody in person or if they could be identified. I'm convinced that's why Twitter can be so toxic.

It is a reset/will be reviewed in a few weeks time. The problem is, that it is impossible to moderate (off topic etc aside), because offensive views to say Me, may well be a long held belief to someone else. So, it eventually attracts the sort of posters that junked the Immigration Thread recently. Like, the one who suggested that homeless White Brits should be ahead of immigrants for housing, is probably in agreement with thousands that dont post on an Everton forum. I would wager that my elderly Mum would agree. It is a popular forum, and 99% of posters are sound, so we have to work out a balance. On a personal note, I hope we can.

Good afternoon everybody. I feel human again today. Well, as near to that condition as I usually achieve! I have also realised that by the time next weekend rolls around and I'm in Liverpool celebrating my brother's birthday, it will be the 4th weekend in a row I've been out drinking. Hasn't been known for years🤣.
Hope the first pint lived up to expectations @Barnfred 55 .
I'm watching the end of today's Tour de France. Its a sprint finish so I'm hoping Mark Cavendish can break the record for most stage wins.

It is a reset/will be reviewed in a few weeks time. The problem is, that it is impossible to moderate (off topic etc aside), because offensive views to say Me, may well be a long held belief to someone else. So, it eventually attracts the sort of posters that junked the Immigration Thread recently. Like, the one who suggested that homeless White Brits should be ahead of immigrants for housing, is probably in agreement with thousands that dont post on an Everton forum. I would wager that my elderly Mum would agree. It is a popular forum, and 99% of posters are sound, so we have to work out a balance. On a personal note, I hope we can.

I hope so….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back