Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Any suggestions? Seriously.

I offered to mod it years ago, but I think Dan thought I’d ban all the lefties. I think, if possible, review and re-open and limit it to those who have been here 5 or 10 years, thereby keeping any recent twitterati away. I also think it will change shortly anyway when the new season opens. Ask a few members to act as ‘unofficial mods’ with no banning powers but who can ask some to ‘calm it down’… I’ll have a think …..

I offered to mod it years ago, but I think Dan thought I’d ban all the lefties. I think, if possible, review and re-open and limit it to those who have been here 5 or 10 years, thereby keeping any recent twitterati away. I also think it will change shortly anyway when the new season opens. Ask a few members to act as ‘unofficial mods’ with no banning powers but who can ask some to ‘calm it down’… I’ll have a think …..

It self mods reasonably well most of the time mate. I think your time lag idea will be one way around the problem, but, again, 99% of posters are sound, and informative. Covid/Ukraine are the obvious touch points as examples of that.

It will be back in a few weeks anyrate, after we have been on a training course at some drab hotel near Heathrow.

Good afternoon everybody. I feel human again today. Well, as near to that condition as I usually achieve! I have also realised that by the time next weekend rolls around and I'm in Liverpool celebrating my brother's birthday, it will be the 4th weekend in a row I've been out drinking. Hasn't been known for years🤣.
Hope the first pint lived up to expectations @Barnfred 55 .
I'm watching the end of today's Tour de France. Its a sprint finish so I'm hoping Mark Cavendish can break the record for most stage wins.
I love watching the Tour de France,I put it on record and quite often scoot through the Stage later in the day and get up to speed for the live finish or watch the highlights in the evening.

Any suggestions? Seriously.
It's a tough one for the reasons you've outlined. Whilst I fully support free speech, if that speech is hateful and/ or incites violence against a person/group of people ( think Jeremy Clarkson comments about Meghan Markle) then there has to be consequences. You can say what you like but don't expect there not to be consequences for your vitriol. Because, depending on who you are, you enable and encourage the hate. Trump was a master at it. You've got a really difficult line to draw between long held opinions that others vehemently disagree with and hate speech.

It is a reset/will be reviewed in a few weeks time. The problem is, that it is impossible to moderate (off topic etc aside), because offensive views to say Me, may well be a long held belief to someone else. So, it eventually attracts the sort of posters that junked the Immigration Thread recently. Like, the one who suggested that homeless White Brits should be ahead of immigrants for housing, is probably in agreement with thousands that dont post on an Everton forum. I would wager that my elderly Mum would agree. It is a popular forum, and 99% of posters are sound, so we have to work out a balance. On a personal note, I hope we can.
While reading that I did find myself hoping they weren’t really a Blue.

That's the problem with anonymity in general. Keyboard warriors who say all kinds of stuff they would never dare to say to somebody in person or if they could be identified. I'm convinced that's why Twitter can be so toxic.
I can’t even view Twitter from the weekend now that Elon has changed the settings! GOT is the only social media I do and I don’t really want to change that by being forced to sign up to Twitter.

10 years is a bit long I think, particular as it would exclude me 😀

Forum supporters only maybe?

It's a tough one for the reasons you've outlined. Whilst I fully support free speech, if that speech is hateful and/ or incites violence against a person/group of people ( think Jeremy Clarkson comments about Meghan Markle) then there has to be consequences. You can say what you like but don't expect there not to be consequences for your vitriol. Because, depending on who you are, you enable and encourage the hate. Trump was a master at it. You've got a really difficult line to draw between long held opinions that others vehemently disagree with and hate speech.

The Trolls/Bots that spring up are very sophisticated though. A while ago, a poster who worked in the security services gave us a lesson about what to look out for. That info is most likely out of date now. Instant "whataboutary/never answering a question" are still the starting point mind. That, and NEVER moaning about a ban. I havnt a clue how they do it, but over a period of posting, it becomes clearer who they are. Or arnt.

I can’t even view Twitter from the weekend now that Elon has changed the settings! GOT is the only social media I do and I don’t really want to change that by being forced to sign up to Twitter.
I gave up.Twitter a few years ago. It's a horrible environment. The only account I miss is The Merseyside Police horses one! They were gorgeous and so sweet.

The Trolls/Bots that spring up are very sophisticated though. A while ago, a poster who worked in the security services gave us a lesson about what to look out for. That info is most likely out of date now. Instant "whataboutary/never answering a question" are still the starting point mind. That, and NEVER moaning about a ban. I havnt a clue how they do it, but over a period of posting, it becomes clearer who they are. Or arnt.
Wow. I'm gobsmacked they get into sites like this. Nowhere is off limits!

Good afternoon everybody. I feel human again today. Well, as near to that condition as I usually achieve! I have also realised that by the time next weekend rolls around and I'm in Liverpool celebrating my brother's birthday, it will be the 4th weekend in a row I've been out drinking. Hasn't been known for years🤣.
Hope the first pint lived up to expectations @Barnfred 55 .
I'm watching the end of today's Tour de France. Its a sprint finish so I'm hoping Mark Cavendish can break the record for most stage wins.
First pint turned into 5.😀

Deciding where to go for tea now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back