Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I have had to take my dog Bonnie to the vet today to end her life and it hurt bad.
I went with my daughter and she is distraught.
When my wife died there was just me my daughter and Bonnie left.I haven't slept in a bed for over 3 years as my wife who was dying asked me to sleep downstairs so Bonnie wouldn't hurt herself climbing the stairs .
Bonnie was16 which is old for a dog but I am broken tonight and still sleeping on the couch.

I have had to take my dog Bonnie to the vet today to end her life and it hurt bad.
When my wife died there was just me my daughter and Bonnie left.I haven't slept in a bed for over 3 years as my wife who was dying asked me to sleep downstairs so Bonnie wouldn't hurt herself climbing the stairs .
Bonnie was16 which is old for a dog but I am broken tonight and still sleeping on the couch.
So sad mate. Really feel for you and your daughter.. Have you any pics of Bonnie to share with us. ? How long since your wife passed?.

Terribly sad for you and your daughter…..

Oh thats so sad. They are part of your family.16 is a grand age for a dog and I bet she had the best life with your family. She was also a link with your wife which will make her passing even harder. Hugs x

Oh my god , I'm so sorry mate. We lost so many 4 legged friends. They are never with us long enough but at least Bonnie knows that you loved her so much and did everything you could for her . Think of you.

Morning everyone,

A sad start to the day with @paultheblue post but I'm pleased that he felt comfortable sharing his pain with us. Best wishes in dealing with your loss , please keep posting in the thread.

So, Fred off on his jollies again. Have a great time mate.

Jungle now planted , just waiting for the delivery of the Tetrapanix ( huge leaved shrub that grows quickly) , Cannas and a bit of ground cover.

We've had a lot of rain recently and that's really promoted weed growth so I need to turn my attention to the rest of the garden for some routine maintenance.

Everton bidding £40 million for a striker !? Hope it's not another Alan Shearer bid.

Well whatever you do have a lovely day y'all

Morning everyone,

A sad start to the day with @paultheblue post but I'm pleased that he felt comfortable sharing his pain with us. Best wishes in dealing with your loss , please keep posting in the thread.

So, Fred off on his jollies again. Have a great time mate.

Jungle now planted , just waiting for the delivery of the Tetrapanix ( huge leaved shrub that grows quickly) , Cannas and a bit of ground cover.

We've had a lot of rain recently and that's really promoted weed growth so I need to turn my attention to the rest of the garden for some routine maintenance.

Everton bidding £40 million for a striker !? Hope it's not another Alan Shearer bid.

Well whatever you do have a lovely day y'all
And there was me thinking you had gone full Jurassic Park and Tetrapanix was going to be your resident dinosaur
🤣
I've never been to Lesvos but, while I'm waiting for a colleague to proof read a letter, I've just googled it. It looks gorgeous. It also seems to be popping up on cheapest islands to visit lists.

So very sorry to read this. I hope that the memories of the happy times you all shared will help ease your pain. I’m sure that Bonnie could not have had a better family. I agree with @Barnfred 55 if you feel able to share any pics of Bonnie we would love to see them.💙

So very sorry to read this. I hope that the memories of the happy times you all shared will help ease your pain. I’m sure that Bonnie could not have had a better family. I agree with @Barnfred 55 if you feel able to share any pics of Bonnie we would love to see them.💙
Not very good with posting pictures but here is one

Attachments

• IMG-20230704-WA0003.webp
    IMG-20230704-WA0003.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 18

And there was me thinking you had gone full Jurassic Park and Tetrapanix was going to be your resident dinosaur
🤣
I've never been to Lesvos but, while I'm waiting for a colleague to proof read a letter, I've just googled it. It looks gorgeous. It also seems to be popping up on cheapest islands to visit lists.
Anj you've no idea how close you were

The full Latin name is Tetrapanix Papyifer but commonly known as TRex !

Hiya people, hope you're all well.

I had a strange afternoon yesterday. I got a message on WhatsApp from a foreign number, looking for a guy in London for an appartment. I told her it was a wrong number and she said sorry, I said it's fine as you do.

About an hour later she messaged me saying sorry again, I googled the area code and it was a Ukrainian number. Being wary I asked about that and she said, that's her business number but she's currently in Zurich Switzerland and looking to expand into London.

Anyway we ended up chatting all afternoon and evening and she eventually gave me her personal number, which checked out as Switzerland and so I made a new mate(not sure what else to call it.) all from a wrong number, thought it was a bit mad lol

More expense this month my bloody hair clippers conked out, thankfully I hadn't shaved half my head lol that would have been a disaster, not that i go anywhere.

Hope everyone is good.

Hiya people, hope you're all well.

I had a strange afternoon yesterday. I got a message on WhatsApp from a foreign number, looking for a guy in London for an appartment. I told her it was a wrong number and she said sorry, I said it's fine as you do.

About an hour later she messaged me saying sorry again, I googled the area code and it was a Ukrainian number. Being wary I asked about that and she said, that's her business number but she's currently in Zurich Switzerland and looking to expand into London.

Anyway we ended up chatting all afternoon and evening and she eventually gave me her personal number, which checked out as Switzerland and so I made a new mate(not sure what else to call it.) all from a wrong number, thought it was a bit mad lol

More expense this month my bloody hair clippers conked out, thankfully I hadn't shaved half my head lol that would have been a disaster, not that i go anywhere.

Hope everyone is good.

Be careful, why would anyone phone you back a second time after an hour to say sorry again. Maybe I’m too cynical in my old age but scammers can put out WhatsApp’s to hundreds of numbers and just see who gets back to them then the chat up begins….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back