Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I have had to take my dog Bonnie to the vet today to end her life and it hurt bad.
I went with my daughter and she is distraught.
When my wife died there was just me my daughter and Bonnie left.I haven't slept in a bed for over 3 years as my wife who was dying asked me to sleep downstairs so Bonnie wouldn't hurt herself climbing the stairs .
Bonnie was16 which is old for a dog but I am broken tonight and still sleeping on the couch.
I feel really bad for you and your daughter. :( It's so very hard when our furry family members pass. I believe your lovely Bonnie is now with your wife, and you will see them again. Stay strong! I will pray for God to give you and your daughter support and love to get you through this difficult time. 💙

Good morning. I'm a lady who lunches today. I'm meeting a work mate at a place called the Aviator Bistro, which unsurprisingly is on an airfield near here. They have converted one of the hangars into a cafe.
Speaking of food, son is 30 later this month. He and his girlfriend are coming up for a few days, staying in Durham then moving on to Alnwick. We are going on a Scotch egg experience as part of his birthday celebrations. 2 hours comprising of a 7 course taster menu and a make your own Scotch egg masterclass! Should be a laugh. I'm assuming the taster menu does not involve whole Scotch eggs- you could never eat seven of them.🤣

I’d barely posted the above when my mobile rang. I never answer a call that’s not recognised. Checked it afterwards and sure enough full of negative comments…number onto the blocked list…its never ending…..

edit I now have 101 blocked numbers on my phone…..
I've got loads blocked too. I do like to have a chat with them first though. My best result was one of them hanging up on me with the words "you are an idiot and you should die'.

Morning everyone,

A full afternoons gardening gave way to a few glasses of vino in the sun yesterday early evening, now before you judge, I reckon I deserved it after finishing the jungle , doing 2 hours of weeding and watering and an hour cutting the grass .

Off to see the hairdresser and allow him to get to grips with my hair , which is a jungle in its own right

Then gym and afterwards a bit more grass cutting.

Nowt going on at Goodison, good luck at least 2 crap teams came up!

Anyway , enjoy your liquid lunch Anj and everyone else , have a great day.

@paultheblue , hope you are ok fella.

That's some view mate
Thanks. Yeah , we enjoy it , late evening particularly with the sun on the Bin Hill in the East you can see, only about 1000 ft high . I’ve run up it a few times. To the west , partly obscured by trees is the local distillery. My claim in the Single Malts thread to be the only one on GOT to be able to see a distillery from the conservatory has never been challenged 😂.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back