Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Be careful, why would anyone phone you back a second time after an hour to say sorry again. Maybe I’m too cynical in my old age but scammers can put out WhatsApp’s to hundreds of numbers and just see who gets back to them then the chat up begins….
It's not my first rodeo Pete, I'm very careful and wouldn't open any links or anything I thought suspicious, like I say I immediately ran the area code through google and pulled her on it straight away. She hasn't asked for anything and seems nice enough. She replied again as she thought she'd upset me the first time.

I won't fall for anything but thanks for the concern, I know not everyone is careful.

I have had to take my dog Bonnie to the vet today to end her life and it hurt bad.
I went with my daughter and she is distraught.
When my wife died there was just me my daughter and Bonnie left.I haven't slept in a bed for over 3 years as my wife who was dying asked me to sleep downstairs so Bonnie wouldn't hurt herself climbing the stairs .
Bonnie was16 which is old for a dog but I am broken tonight and still sleeping on the couch.
So sorry to hear of your loss P. We are all here for you and a lovely photo .Stay strong that man .

Well I ended up blocking my new friend lol started asking way too many questions about finances, then said she could offer me a way to make some money. I skirted around the finances obviously but that last bit was a bit suspicious so I immediately blocked her. Not risking it.

Good, if it smells like a scam and sounds like a scam it’s a scam……

I’d barely posted the above when my mobile rang. I never answer a call that’s not recognised. Checked it afterwards and sure enough full of negative comments…number onto the blocked list…its never ending…..
That sucks pete, why the negative comments? I am like you I won't answer a number if it's not shown. I don't know whether or not I was being scammed but it started to feel a bit dodgy, felt like she's been buttering me up .

Some poor suckers will fall for it though. I used to work for an advice company, where we gave advice on scams or cowboy builders etc that's why I'm cautious.

That sucks pete, why the negative comments? I am like you I won't answer a number if it's not shown. I don't know whether or not I was being scammed but it started to feel a bit dodgy, felt like she's been buttering me up .

Some poor suckers will fall for it though. I used to work for an advice company, where we gave advice on scams or cowboy builders etc that's why I'm cautious.
I always check numbers on this website.
I had a call yesterday from Det. Con Roberts from Charing Cross police station, yes of course you are, just hung up.

Well I ended up blocking my new friend lol started asking way too many questions about finances, then said she could offer me a way to make some money. I skirted around the finances obviously but that last bit was a bit suspicious so I immediately blocked her. Not risking it.
It’s always nice to be thought of though.

:hayee:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back