Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Not everyone with a view I disagree with is a Bot. But a picture repeats itself every time we have a suspicion. Maybe sometimes we are wrong, I have been. But if we/me are wrong, you can bet your bottom dollar the poster will react to a ban.

edit. A Bot never does.

You‘ve got a hard job mate. I know that GOT has the rules of the Forum. It perhaps needs repeating more often, but I suppose you’d get a bit fed up doing that all the time...just ban the following list…

…..

It self mods reasonably well most of the time mate. I think your time lag idea will be one way around the problem, but, again, 99% of posters are sound, and informative. Covid/Ukraine are the obvious touch points as examples of that.

It will be back in a few weeks anyrate, after we have been on a training course at some drab hotel near Heathrow.

Indeed both of those threads have been at least as good if not a lot better than any media outlet……

Any suggestions? Seriously.
If they're suspected as WUMs or are being out of line, only let them read @davek's posts for a week. Nah, in all seriousness I think the only real way is moderating.

It's a real shame that the forum has been suspended as it was a great place, but the tits have grown in number. This has meant it needed more mod-hours.

Understandably, Danny was against this from the start, so maybe a specific reporting or negative-rep system could be introduced in the CA alone.

It could work along the lines of enough specific responses temporarily halts their ability to post until it can be checked. If they're a bellend, it remains blocked.

Evening everyone. Chucked it down all day.
So me and Mrs J been looking at holidays to cheer us up. Wanted to go on a cruise but decided against it as we are going to go to the Caribbean later.
Decided to try a Greek Island we've never been to and thinking of Lesvos ( Lesbos to the non Greeks amongst us ). Anyone been / thoughts?
I know it's close to Turkey and had some notoriety as a stopping off point for migrants.

I offered to mod it years ago, but I think Dan thought I’d ban all the lefties. I think, if possible, review and re-open and limit it to those who have been here 5 or 10 years, thereby keeping any recent twitterati away. I also think it will change shortly anyway when the new season opens. Ask a few members to act as ‘unofficial mods’ with no banning powers but who can ask some to ‘calm it down’… I’ll have a think …..
*cough*

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back