Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Iron Man is quality viewing.

We had a week away this summer at the beach and the house had no wifi. Hard for the kids at first but it is a good thing to drop off grid for a while and slow down a bit.

Board games were enjoyed that never would have been out of the box at home. TV shows became like family events to enjoy together (only had about 6 stations) and we planned out meals etc to be sitting down for them etc.

Can’t wait to do it again this summer, hopefully do a few weeks of that and just chill.

Loved your photos of Costa Rica, looks beautiful spider bites aside.
Tbh I was impressed with it. I’m not into superhero movies but I really enjoyed Iron Man enough to watch the sequences.

No having WiFi for a few days was also tough for my daughter but like you, we played games, went to the beach and watch movies together so it was quality time spent together, like it was with you and your family this summer.

Thanks @Armaghtoffee Costa Rica is such a good subject for pics and I love photography so I have enjoyed taking shots of everything.

Good morning guys and gals I hope all slept well and have a fine day .I too struggled withthe file too big on here but I found that in the photo settings you can reduce the amount of bytes in the photo for the ones you want to put on here .I have a Nokia phone and it has a camera that will (if you want ) take 13mp photos but I have reduced it to 3mp which is fine for on here .Then if you want to frame the photo you take up the definition to 13mp again-before you take the photo .
I had to put the engine heater on again this morning as it is minus ten .
For those with any interest we have a heater in the sump and it works like an electric kettle warming the oil before we start the day which saves a lot on engine wear as the cold start is the hard part as the oil might have dropped to the sump .
We often have cars for sale hear with 800,000 kms on the clock and still for good money ,there was a Toyota land cruiser with that mileage from 2001 and they wanted 6000 euros !
@Barnfred 55 ,no I was not a headmaster I have too much time and new glasses .I have to say when I eventually get to see my new grandkids in Cornwall I am going to PM you and try your curry on the way through ,even if it is a take away .

Morning all. A bit philosophical today. My freezer is rammed full of Christmas goodies, the presents are all wrapped and under the tree. I'm sitting here working with the heating on, I've just made an appointment to get my nails done on Thursday. We are all in good health. There are so many people who do not have those luxuries and cannot even meet their basic needs. I am very blessed and fortunate.
I'm a shockingly bad Catholic but the bible story about the sheep and the goats has never left me. I so didn't want to be a goat ( Matthew 25 31-46 if you're interested) so I do try to give something back to those in need but, especially at this time of year, I really do count my blessings.

That was a bit depressing so here's a story that involves me Slimming World, a night out and a homeless person. I had been out on the town and was getting the last bus home from Darlington. To get to the bus stop you have to pass Burger King. Double Whopper with cheese I think. Then remember this is Saturday, Slimming World weigh in on Monday.But the devil on my shoulder really wanted a burger. So I bought one. Got outside with my burger in its bag and immediately regretted my purchase. There was a homeless person in the doorway of the next shop. I handed him my double Whopper "Here mate, have this" He looked in the bag and said "Didn't you get any chips?" FFS! No pleasing some people.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back