Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi folks. Love the pictures @Gwladysover .like you @jazzy I was horrified by the pictures of Charlotte Dujardin hitting the horse. However I bet she's not the only one. I've always wondered how they trained them to move like they do - now I know. As for the Manchester Airport incident, whatever has gone on before, there is no excuse for stamping on somebody's head. The guy was on the floor, he could have cuffed him. Also if your job is to uphold the law you have to be held to higher standards than Joe Public. Otherwise the public lose faith and trust - as has happened with the Met recently.
Anyway enough of that. It's been a lovely sunny day. It's Chris's birthday- he's 31 today and has had a very chilled out relaxed day with Sophie. I've just done the Tesco shopping, overtime tomorrow and not much else planned.
I quite fancy a glass of something nice tonight.
You deserve it ,we all forget the trauma is suffered by many more than the person who is being treated .Happy birthday to Chris and many more of them.

Evening everyone, just back from a lovely tea out at our local The Juniper Bar and Kitchen. We are very lucky to have this little gem on our doorstep. Just got room to squeeze in a late gin and tonic in before I hit the sack. It’s been a beautiful day here and after a week of not doing much due to cutting my foot open last weekend and not being able to get shoes on, then getting bit by a horsefly in a place where it should definitely not have been 🍑, I’m ready to embrace the weekend by helping son and d-i-l by painting the nursery while everyone else is pitching in to get the disaster of their garden something like decent before the baby comes.
Cheers and happy Friday all 💙

I haven’t seen the videos of the equestrian ‘whipping’ the horse yet. I’ll catch it tomorrow. However several mates in the pub tonight, all horse people, said it was more like flicking the whip rather than actual whipping. Now as I said I haven’t seen it, but as someone who used to ride and compete (at a very low level) in dressage, I understood what they were saying as there are only so many signals you can give a horse via the reins, your bearing, your legs or your feet. The ‘whip’ is one that doesn’t really touch or harm the horse ( unlike in racing) it’s more of a signal as the horse is always aware of it but it’s never used with any pressure. Anyway, I will l catch up tomorrow and see, without prejudging…..

I haven’t seen the videos of the equestrian ‘whipping’ the horse yet. I’ll catch it tomorrow. However several mates in the pub tonight, all horse people, said it was more like flicking the whip rather than actual whipping. Now as I said I haven’t seen it, but as someone who used to ride and compete (at a very low level) in dressage, I understood what they were saying as there are only so many signals you can give a horse via the reins, your bearing, your legs or your feet. The ‘whip’ is one that doesn’t really touch or harm the horse ( unlike in racing) it’s more of a signal as the horse is always aware of it but it’s never used with any pressure. Anyway, I will l catch up tomorrow and see, without prejudging…..
The speed of her withdrawing from the Olympics suggests she knows what she has done.

Good morning all on this sunny day here .It seems the larks were awoken by @peteblue as I am well late to the party .I hope all the rest had a good sleep and that all have a great day with the rightful winners taking the all-ireland final .
I have not watched the whipping and probably won't but the whip is use as a " frightener " more than hitting the horse the wife says and sh rode dressage for 45 years . I am hoping to get a stream later as once again I have the fever that comes with new signings and a new season.
Have great day all COYB

Good morning all on this sunny day here .It seems the larks were awoken by @peteblue as I am well late to the party .I hope all the rest had a good sleep and that all have a great day with the rightful winners taking the all-ireland final .
I have not watched the whipping and probably won't but the whip is use as a " frightener " more than hitting the horse the wife says and sh rode dressage for 45 years . I am hoping to get a stream later as once again I have the fever that comes with new signings and a new season.
Have great day all COYB

Like many though, there is more interest in new owners than new signings. I blame my father, grandfather and great grandfather for this Everton lark….

Morning everyone,

Well I bitterly regret watching the opening ceremony last night , that's 4 hours I will never get back . Very French , very weird and very much like the freak show that is the Eurovision Song contest.

The fact that it pissed down the whole time didn't help.

Anyway the animal rescue have got a big sale on today to raise funds so Mrs J is trying to feed the lot whilst I slope off to the cricket - seems fair.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Morning everyone,

Well I bitterly regret watching the opening ceremony last night , that's 4 hours I will never get back . Very French , very weird and very much like the freak show that is the Eurovision Song contest.

The fact that it pissed down the whole time didn't help.

Anyway the animal rescue have got a big sale on today to raise funds so Mrs J is trying to feed the lot whilst I slope off to the cricket - seems fair.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Didn’t see the opening ceremony but see it was likened to the nineties programme Eurotrash. Used to love that show mind you Antoine de Caunes may or may not have been the reason I watched. :lol:
PS Hope the charity raise lots of money.

Hi guys, hope you're all well and enjoying the summer I mean rain.

I'm not posting a lot as I'm pretty stressed out a lot of the time at the minute, little things being blown out of proportion and stuff. Just generally in a nark a lot and feeling like crap the rest of the time.

Are we happy with the signings so far? I am, I'm glad we're getting ball carriers and creators, it will make a huge difference..

Enjoy your weekend guys, is anyone going to Salford?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back