Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. I'm very relieved to tell you that, in spite of police warnings, there were no incidents in Durham last night. However it shows the measure of the eejits who organise these things when they picked Durham. It must be one of the least diverse cities in the country! The only non white people you see on a regular basis are the Chinese and Japanese students who go to the University.
I've decided to go to the anti-fascist protest in Newcastle on Saturday. Sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is and I haven't been to a good demo for ages. I'm going with some of my old union friends.
In other, more mundane news, I'm going to the hairdressers this morning. Cut and colour. I currently look like Crystal Tipps ( one for the oldies!) Later I'm out for tea with some work chums - the ones who I did my training with. I feel tea is the appropriate description because we are meeting at 4.30pm.
I see Everton managed to beat the mighty Motherwell 6-0 last night and Maupay scored two. Motherwell must be awful!🤣🤣
Have a lovely day all.
Be careful at the demo Anj.

These extremists are nutcases

G’day all. Just back from yearly opticians appointment, all good. Cateracts are not developing, eyes healthy , and my eyesight continues to get better , I officially don’t even need glasses for driving now.! Apparently it’s part due to the cataracts changing the shape of my eyeball a wee bit , she even reduced the prescription a bit and I bought new specs , mainly for driving and watching the footie live really. It’s nice to know something is improving with age 🙂

Morning all, first today! Sunny today. A change of plan for us as we were supposed to be dog-sitting while son and family went for a few days in Bristol. The demonstrations planned for later today has caused them to cancel the trip. Not going to say any more on the situation other than it makes me very sad, if I do I’ll go off on one and most likely get myself banned.
Have a good day, all💙
P.S. I know I said I wouldn’t say anymore about current events but just had to say that a planned right wing rally in Peterborough on Sunday didn’t take place as only the counter protest turned up!
I read some interesting stats this morning that the North of Ireland’s net migration figure in 2022 was an increase of c2300 people. The top 3 Nationalities in this were (a) India (b) Ukraine (C) Republic of Ireland.

The year before more people left the North than actually arrived. I don’t thing our local right wing bigots are aware of this nevermind have the brains to compute this reality.

I read some interesting stats this morning that the North of Ireland’s net migration figure in 2022 was an increase of c2300 people. The top 3 Nationalities in this were (a) India (b) Ukraine (C) Republic of Ireland.

The year before more people left the North than actually arrived. I don’t thing our local right wing bigots are aware of this nevermind have the brains to compute this reality.
Just like the ones this side of the Irish Sea don't realise that we need migrants to do the jobs that them and their feral children either believe to be beneath them or would never be qualified for

I despair. There's a couple of places near us - Ferryhill and Spennymoor that are known for having strong support for BNP/EDL. There's a few community social media groups that are spewing vile horrible things about Muslims. One of my friends who lives in Ferryhill says there are reports of bricks being thrown. She's screenshotted some of the posts to show me. Apparently they are not racists - just concerned citizens. It makes my blood boil. Of course they are racist. Where were the riots when Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith were outed as paedophiles. Or Huw Edwards or baby murderer Lucy Letby. Sometimes I hate people.

I feel I should report the dream I had last night to lighten the mood.
I walk in to WH Smith at West Kirby station ( there isn’t one)
See a woman behind the counter with a Val P name badge- “oh hello, aren’t you Val P from GOT ?”
“No , not me don’t know what you’re talking about”
“Yes it’s you, your name badge says so”
“Oh ok, who are you ?”
“It’s me Jon , bigjonny from GOT”
“Oh hello love, great to see you”
End of what I could remember when I woke up :)

See a woman behind the counter with a Val P name badge- “oh hello, aren’t you Val P from GOT ?”
“Oh ok, who are you ?”
[/QUOTE]
that’s hilarious- I do like West Kirby to be fair

“Oh ok, who are you ?”
Fantastic

“Oh ok, who are you ?”
Love this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back