Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

To add, because I missed the point of what I was trying to convey. I saw fundraising for Caolan personally in Monaghan; Cork; Carlow; Derry; Sligo and Dublin at the games. Then the wider GAA community got involved and it became a social media thing of high profile Gael’s sending video messages to him. All of a sudden our town became a country wide support base of good wishes, prayers and donations towards treatment. That makes you reflect on the good around you and all you have to do is ask for help if you need it.
£20000000000000000000.

To add, because I missed the point of what I was trying to convey. I saw fundraising for Caolan personally in Monaghan; Cork; Carlow; Derry; Sligo and Dublin at the games. Then the wider GAA community got involved and it became a social media thing of high profile Gael’s sending video messages to him. All of a sudden our town became a country wide support base of good wishes, prayers and donations towards treatment. That makes you reflect on the good around you and all you have to do is ask for help if you need it.
Saying a pray for him tonight mate and £4000000000000000000.

There's a lot of good out there mate, I've a dear friend suffering with Motor Neurone Disease, in 4 years he's went from the proverbial brick poophouse to chair ridden. I visited him last week.

We both work(ed) abroad and in the time since his diagnosis the expat community has absolutely smashed it with charity drives to the MND Association and help to his family financially. My mate now is doing a 200Km in 30 day charity drive for him. We've also reached out to multiple sports teams for an auction which will be held next month (star prize currently a signed Juninho Boro top).

It gives you so much faith in the common folk.

There's a lot of good out there mate, I've a dear friend suffering with Motor Neurone Disease, in 4 years he's went from the proverbial brick poophouse to chair ridden. I visited him last week.

We both work(ed) abroad and in the time since his diagnosis the expat community has absolutely smashed it with charity drives to the MND Association and help to his family financially. My mate now is doing a 200Km in 30 day charity drive for him. We've also reached out to multiple sports teams for an auction which will be held next month (star prize currently a signed Juninho Boro top).

Most people are inherently kind and helpful. Read back a bit in this thread and see what this little group is like…..

As our much missed @roydo said. Most people are decent and will help you if they can. It’s so important we do all we can to know your neighbours and foster community spirit. Make a special effort for anyone new and help them see a local bond and safe place.

Good morning all on this dreart day here ,the weather like me is yet to wake up properly .So sad to hear of a promising career cut short @Armaghtoffee yet another demonstration that this world can be a great place and that people are as said above generally good ,I fear much of the worst stuff is heard because of the 'net .In the old days very little would have become common knowledge .
I hope all have a good day after having a lovely night's sleep. COYB

Happy Bank Holiday everyone.

@Val P good luck with your holiday preparations, which lesser known islands are you gracing with your presence this time ?

@Armaghtoffee such a sad story , I'm sure your friend will be a huge loss to the community.

@Terrarian good to have you back posting fella , I'm sure there's no "plodding" when you are out with that gorgeous Daisy despite Fred's helpful advice 😂.

Improving weather forecast for today but I've got bloody sciatic pain , just in time for the start of the new table tennis season so no practice this week and minimal gardening too which is even more of a pain. Might have to nick Granny's painkillers.....only joking.

Everton news is unremittingly grim so I might try to do a Fred and just ignore it.

Whatever you do, have a lovely day everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back