2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty with Keane is he really struggles when he's in and out of the side. He needs to play every game to build his focus and confidence, so he's never really going to work as a squad player, which is obviously a problem if he's not deemed good enough to be an automatic starter.
The problem is the injuries Browns, it stops players building partnerships, I mean we must have had about 20 different combinations at the back this season, possibly more, it doesn't help.

Not really excusing the goals, its poor, poor defending from the boys.

The difficulty with Keane is he really struggles when he's in and out of the side. He needs to play every game to build his focus and confidence, so he's never really going to work as a squad player, which is obviously a problem if he's not deemed good enough to be an automatic starter.
He is supposed to be a senior pro. That ‘mentality’ excuse could be applied to branthwaite of Godfrey at a stretch. Keane is too long in the tooth for that get out of jail card. His ship has well and truly sailed at this point.

Six weeks ago I’d have said he was heading for player of the year, but hasn’t been great of late. Just nowhere near a Jags, Lescott, Distin is he. He’s a Yobo at the very very best.

He is supposed to be a senior pro. That ‘mentality’ excuse could be applied to branthwaite of Godfrey at a stretch. Keane is too long in the tooth for that get out of jail card. His ship has well and truly sailed at this point.
Nah. The mentality thing has nothing to do with age or experience.

Rooney had the don’t give a sxxx attitude from day 1. Never faltered

It’s in Keane ‘s DNA.

Why do you think so many men suffer in silence when it comes to mental illness?

Keane has been poor since the England squad was announced and he wasn't in it. Think his confidence has took a knock.

Just a bad night for the lad but I think he's had more good games than bad this season.
I don't blame him for either goal. Holgate, on the other hand had a shocker.

For the first goal, he was getting ready to do a diving header and fell over, giving Kane all the time in the world.

The second goal was embarrassing. He lost his man and tried to backtrack to get to the ball. The only gripe with Keane is that he should've shouted to holgate that he was there.

Had a bad game tonight. Turns like an oil tanker and doesn’t seem to know what’s around him at times.

Lost his head on multiple occasions today

Much improved this season but still loves a mistake

I don't blame him for either goal. Holgate, on the other hand had a shocker.

For the first goal, he was getting ready to do a diving header and fell over, giving Kane all the time in the world.

The second goal was embarrassing. He lost his man and tried to backtrack to get to the ball. The only gripe with Keane is that he should've shouted to holgate that he was there.

It depends on how big of a call there was, or wasn’t. But I’d say Keane was at fault for the first and Holgate for the second. Both of them stuffed up.

Keane/Godfrey is our best centre back pairing in a back 4. If Carlo wants to play with a back 5 and have a dynamic CB either moving around or man marking, it should have been Holgate rather than Godfrey (although athletically he is better suited to do it).

I'm coming round on Sigurdsson.

If hes used correctly he is useful.

He can only operate in games where the opposition is unable or unwilling to press. Those games are becoming very few and far between in the premier league now. It’s no coincidence to me that his best two performances have been against Spurs who have the completely disinterested Sissoko and the slow Hojbjerg. A decent midfield shuts Siggurdson out completely.

It worries me we were seriously linked with Hojbjerg before we got Allan. He’s terrible and another snail like midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back