Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Stuart Pearce was caretake boss at Forest, and he made his first starting 11. Bryan Roy and everything. Was dead chuffed with it. Showed to his wife.
She pointed out that he didn't have a goalkeeper.

He's an idiot.

hahaha i had to look this up to make sure ... then saw he recently left that wife if 20 years for his PA. Lovely stuff

7th IS an inferior level.
What about 11th Dave ?

In the managers first season he improved our position by four places , managing a squad that he was clearly not satisfied with....I think that was a decent result.

This season the manager and the club can be more critically assessed as money is being spent and the manager gets to pick his own players.

From what I have seen of RK he seems very ambitious... I think he would agree with you that 7th is nowhere.
I think that at the end of the coming season we will be in the mix for a top four position.

Mikey Keane instead of Jagielka or Funes Mori.

IMG_4824.webp

What about 11th Dave ?

In the managers first season he improved our position by four places , managing a squad that he was clearly not satisfied with....I think that was a decent result.

This season the manager and the club can be more critically assessed as money is being spent and the manager gets to pick his own players.

From what I have seen of RK he seems very ambitious... I think he would agree with you that 7th is nowhere.
I think that at the end of the coming season we will be in the mix for a top four position.
He'll have had way more money than the last three managers put together by the end of this second summer window. You bet the pressure is going to be on him this season. He either gets things further on or he's taking us backward.

Now he'll be judged good and proper.

I don't mind Pearce, I just don't think he is the brightest bulb in the box.

The difficulty with some of the commentators is that although they can report on a game I don't think they can see the bigger picture of the changes happening in the game.

Take Everton as an instance.

Everybody knows that there has been a change in ownership, but has anybody asked the questions that should be asked about this takeover ?
Everton before Moshiri were a major club anyway, a club I would describe as a second tier club.

Would the change in ownership allow Everton to step up a level, would more money be available to the manager ?
The new ground at BMD is that going to alter the status and earning capacity of the club ?
We know that Moshiri owns 49% of the club, is it likely or possible that even more financial muscle can be added as ownership of the remaining 51% takes place .
Was the money spent in removing the last manager and hiring our new manager not a very clear sign of how different things now are at Everton ?

So much has happened at Everton to indicate that the club is now at a different level than before but this is not considered.

For that reason I am not surprised that Stuart Pearce is surprised we can sign a player like Michael Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back