2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes Heitinga look like Paolo Maldini, we’ll be looking back on Michael Keane’s career one day utterly baffled that he got a game in the premier league.

Shortlisted for PFA young player of the year last year.

You’ve signed a sparky and asked him to be a joiner.

Inappropriate Language
UTTER, UTTER [Poor language removed]! The 10A turns faster than him at the pier head and jumps like a he's got concrete undies on. As for Williams, what a complete [Poor language removed], should never wear our shirt again.

Now I wasn't a massive fan of his when he signed. He was a decent centre half who looked better than what he was because of the set up of the team around him at Burnley.

However in defence of Keane, I believe he got an extremely nasty infection following his injury earlier this season. This kind of infection can have a debilitating effect on the body for a long, long time. It may explain why he looks so lethargic and cumbersome at times, someone even mentioned it looks like he is playing with the flu. That may not be far from the mark. He very possibly is still suffering the effects of the infection.

Just sounds like making excuses for him it's not like we are shoving him in at full back

How much would you pay to take him back out of interest

There’s no chance we’d have him back. Not because he’s not a good player - Dyche still raves about him - but it’s just not what we do.

We knew Keane would go two years before he did and we signed Tarkowski to prepare. This summer we’ll sign a lad called Joe Worrall from Forest for when Tarks goes at the end of next season. Because we have to be careful with transfer fees we have to be a lot more deliberate in our planning.

The other thing is Keane would smash our wage structure.

There’s no chance we’d have him back. Not because he’s not a good player - Dyche still raves about him - but it’s just not what we do.

We knew Keane would go two years before he did and we signed Tarkowski to prepare. This summer we’ll sign a lad called Joe Worrall from Forest for when Tarks goes at the end of next season. Because we have to be careful with transfer fees we have to be a lot more deliberate in our planning.

The other thing is Keane would smash our wage structure.

Sensible strategy mate and something I wish our board had. We just seem to buy randomly. At great expense.

That's pretty young for a CB tbf.

My thoughts mate, IF you come through the United academy and you leave it's gonna be for one of two reasons, you KNOW you are good enough and will go prove it elsewhere (Pogba etc) - which means you are gonna be a confident player, or you don't think you are good enough and either sit it out as long as you can do and then decide to go some-place where you know you don't have to be that good to do decent - but the United tag will ensure you get a semi decent move, Keane for me fits slap bang into that second category - as does Janujaz or whatever his name is.

Just reminds me of a poor mans version of Gary Cahill, IF he was a foreign import playing as he has done for us mate - then he'd be getting absolute pelters from all corners as a Kroldrup mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.